This Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese is loaded with pork that has been smoked for 8 hours, sharp cheddar cheese, and your favorite BBQ sauce. It is a comfort food, so comforting you will be craving it for days.
I love it when my husband gets on the smoker. No matter if it is pork, brisket, or ribs it is all amazing. When he makes pulled pork we usually have a lot leftover so I can turn it into some great meals.
We've made Pulled Pork Nachos, Enchiladas, and even Chili! For this recipe I made some of my classic Stovetop Mac and Cheese and then added some of the Smoked Pulled Pork to make an amazing dinner!
How to make Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese:
This recipe is made by making my Stovetop Mac and Cheese and then adding pulled pork to it. Make your mac and cheese according to the directions below. Then when that is done mix in some of the pulled pork and bake in the over for some time. Top with the remaining pulled pork and drizzle your favorite BBQ sauce on top. Serve and enjoy.
- Elbow Macaroni
- Cheddar Cheese - shredded
- Pulled Pork
- BBQ Sauce
Can I make the pulled pork in the slow cooker?
Yes, you can make it in the slow cooker if you do not have a smoker. A slow cooker recipe you can use for pulled pork is on my blog as well! This should take about 6-8 hours just as if you were using a smoker. The pork will be perfectly tender and easy to use for this and other recipes.
How do I store this recipe?
This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after making it. Store it in a covered container.
Reheat in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. You can also reheat in the microwave as well!
What other recipes can I make with my leftover Pulled Pork?
Pulled Pork Chili - The BEST chili recipe! This Pulled Pork Chili is my all-time favorite chili recipe. It's full of flavor and simple to make. It's all made with Smoked Pork then when served I topped it with sour cream, shredded cheese, and jalapenos.
Pulled Pork Nachos - This recipe for Pulled Pork Nachos features my husband's famous smoked pork butt, crispy tortilla chips covered in cheese and all the extra nacho toppings you love. This is the perfect snack or even dinner!
Pulled Pork Taco Soup - This taco soup is amazing. It's made with pulled pork and so full of flavor. Serve this Pulled Pork Taco Soup for dinner or during game day, it's always a hit!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound Elbow macaroni
- ½ cup Butter
- ⅓ cup Flour
- 5 cups Milk
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 4 cups pulled pork
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (or to taste)
- Cook macaroni according to box instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter on medium/low heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly mix in milk and smooth. Add more or less milk to get the thickness of the sauce to how you like it. Simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken still whisking occasionally.
- Slowly add in cheese about a cup at a time whisking and allowing to melt before adding more. Season cheese sauce with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add cooked macaroni to the saucepan and mix until well combined and all noodles are coated in cheese. Mix in 3 cups pulled pork and ¼ cup BBQ sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place prepared Mac and cheese into the casserole dish. Top with remaining pulled pork and drizzle on remaining BBQ sauce. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.