The perfect breakfast and my kid's favorite muffin recipe. These Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are simple to make and can be frozen for a quick breakfast all week.
I love a good muffin recipe and when they are bite size and it's totally acceptable to eat like 5 when I really love them.
These Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins make the perfect breakfast or perfect brunch item.
If you can say food looks cute, you can say it about these mini muffins. They are the perfect size for a quick on the go breakfast to eat on the road.
How to make these Muffins:
Mix your wet ingredients separately from your dry ingredients. Then mix them together to make your batter.
Fold in your chocolate chips and then scoop or pipe into your prepared mini muffin pan.
Add some additional mini chocolate chips on top of the muffins before baking.
- Butter - softened to room temperature
- Sugar white granulated sugar
- Bananas - Mashed with a fork
- Milk - I use 2% but any milk will work
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Mini Chocolate Chips
Step One - Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
Step Two - Use a hand or stand mixer to cream together sugar and butter. When well combined add eggs one at a time.
Step Three - Add your bananas, vanilla, and milk and continue to mix well together.
- Cooking Tip: Use ripe bananas for this recipe. The browner the spots the better!
Step Four - In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then slowing add this to your wet ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
Step Five - Spoon into your prepared mini muffin tin and allow to cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cooking Tip: Add some mini chocolate chips to the top of the muffins before putting them in the oven for some extra sweetness.
How to store the muffins:
Store the muffins in an airtight container. They can last for up to 7-10 days either on the counter or in the refrigerator.
How to freeze these muffins:
Once these Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins have cooked allow them to cool completely.
Remove them from the muffin tin and place them on a baking sheet. Allow them to freeze separately and then add them to a large freezer bag.
You can pull out one at a time and reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until warmed or in a toaster oven.
I like freezing them separately like this, so they don’t all stick together and it’s easy to grab one at a time. Otherwise, you could wrap each in foil and freeze them that way.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- ½ cup Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Mashed Bananas
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to cream together sugar and butter. When well combined add eggs one at a time.
- Add your bananas, vanilla, and milk and continue to mix well together.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then slowing add this to your wet ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into your prepared mini muffin tin and allow to cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean.
So simple and delicious! Loved how fluffy they turned out too.
So happy to hear that!
Is it the same ingredients and directions if its not in a mini muffin pan?
Yes, you just may need to add extra time when cooking.
These look like a super tasty treat that combine two of my favorites - only thing better is if there were peanut butter too!
Oh yum that does sound good! I'll have to add some next time =) Thanks for stopping by Steph!
Tara Siudy (Little Miss Dexterous)
These look delish! Pinning and sharing!
Your Muffins look fabulous! I appreciate you sharing this awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and have a great day.
Come Back Soon!
Thanks for stopping by!