This Tortellini Italian Pasta Salad is loaded with all your favorite Italian hoagie ingredients chopped up and tossed with cheese tortellini. It's the perfect side dish or even a lunch recipe that you are going to love. It is perfect for a refreshing
An Italian twist on a pasta salad:
I love pasta salad recipes. We make them as a side dish or a meal. I made this Tortellini Italian Pasta Salad again just a few weeks ago and we had it for lunch. The time before that we served it at a bbq on the side of burgers and hot dogs. Either way, I think you will love this simple pasta salad recipe. If you love pasta salad as much as I do then check out more of my favorite pasta salad recipes next.
How to make Tortellini Italian Pasta Salad:
- Cook your cheese tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together lettuce, ham, salami, pepperoni, red onion, and banana peppers.
- As more or less of each to taste.
- Add cooled pasta and toss again.
- Pour in dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have leftover Tortellini? Try these recipes next:
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup with Cheese Tortellini: I love tomato soup and if you love to have grilled cheese with it then you have to try it with cheese tortellini.
Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup: Another soup recipe full of flavor! Creamy base with shredded chicken, veggies, and cheese tortellini, yum!
Pasta Salad Recipes:
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Italian Spaghetti Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Easy Taco Pasta Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 1 pound cheese tortellini cooked to al dente according to the package directions
- 8 ounces small mozzarella cheese balls (also know as mozzarella "pearls")
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes (rinsed and halved)
- ½ medium red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the tortellini to al dente according to the package directions. Drain, and then rinse under cool running water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Once cooked drain te water and then rinse under cool running water to stop the cooking process. (TIP: Make sure to rinse well so your pasta salad it's soggy)
- Next whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl.
- Pour the cooked tortellini, mozzarella cheese balls, tomatoes, and red onion to the bowl with the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve or store immediately or you can place it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Right before serving, thinly slice the basil and gently stir it into the salad.