This tasty Tortellini Pasta Salad is super easy to make and full of flavor with a simple to make homemade dressing. Best thing is you can make this in about 20 minutes!
How to make Tortellini Pasta Salad:
This recipe is very easy to make and does not take very long either! Boil your tortellini, make your dressing, and prep your other ingredients and your are good to go!
This light dressing mixed with cheesy tortellini, fresh basil and mozzarella will be a perfect lunch or dinner side salad! Serve with my Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and it will be a great meal!
- Cheese Tortellini
- Mozzarella Cheese Balls
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- White Wine Vinegar
Step One - Cook the tortellini to al dente according to the package directions.
Step Two - Once cooked drain the water and then rinse under cool running water to stop the cooking process.
- Cooking Tip: Make sure to drain your tortellini well, and even dry on paper towels if needed to ensure you pasta salad is not soggy.
Step Three - Next whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl.
Step Four - Pour the cooked tortellini, mozzarella cheese balls, tomatoes, and red onion to the bowl with the dressing and toss well to coat.
Step Five - Serve immediately. Right before serving, thinly slice the basil and gently stir it into the salad.
Storing this pasta:
If not eating this as soon as it is made, put in a storage container and into the refrigerator.
This ideally should be eaten within 3 days.
As it sits, the pasta will absorb liquid so you might need to add a splash more oil and vinegar before serving.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 1 pound cheese tortellini cooked to al dente according to the package directions
- 8 ounces small mozzarella cheese balls (also know as mozzarella "pearls")
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes (rinsed and halved)
- ½ medium red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the tortellini to al dente according to the package directions. Drain, and then rinse under cool running water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Once cooked drain te water and then rinse under cool running water to stop the cooking process. (TIP: Make sure to rinse well so your pasta salad it's soggy)
- Next whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl.
- Pour the cooked tortellini, mozzarella cheese balls, tomatoes, and red onion to the bowl with the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve or store immediately or you can place it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Right before serving, thinly slice the basil and gently stir it into the salad.
Leave a Reply