Why I love Peanut Butter Cookies:
How to make Classic Peanut Butter Cookies:
Step One: Preheat your oven and prepare a baking sheet.
Step Two: In a large stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer cream together your wet ingredients.
Step Three: Next add in egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix.
Step Four: Meanwhile in a separate bowl sift together all of your dry ingredients. Then slowing add into your wet batter.
Step Five: Roll your dough into 1 inch balls.
Step Six: Place on a baking sheet and use a fork to make a criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle cookies with remaining sugar.
Step Seven: Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies just start to look brown.
- Why flatten cookie: peanut butter cookies don't spread when baking as other cookies would. To make sure they bake well you want to press the cookies down. I used a fork to make the traditional marks on the peanut butter cookies.
- How to make the peanut butter crisscross: it's actually pretty simple. I just pressed down with a fork and then changed the direction of my fork and pressed again. That's it!
Here are a few more of my favorite cookie recipes:
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie: This cookie is the ultimate. I mean when chocolate is in the title twice you know it's going to be good.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Classic Peanut Butter Cookie
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter (unsalted and softened)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet lightly with nonstick cooking spray or with parchment paper.
- In a large stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer cream together peanut butter, butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add in egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix until creamy and combined.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl sift together your flour, baking soda, and salt. Then slowing add into your wet batter. Scraping sides as needed while you mix.
- Roll your dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a baking sheet and use a fork to make a criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle cookies with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies just start to turn brown. Be careful not to over bake these cookies can get hard quickly. Once cooked allow to cool on the pan or on a wire rack for 10 minutes then serve and enjoy.