One of my favorite cookie recipes. These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are a chocolate lovers' dream. This gooey chocolate cookie is full of chocolate chips! You could also call this a Double Chocolate Chip Cookie.
When the word chocolate appears in the title twice, I feel like I don't need to do much more explaining.
Chocolate cookies loaded with chocolate chips, yes please is all I can think to say. These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect and one of my favorite cookie recipes.
Grab a big glass of milk and enjoy one tonight. Once you are done with this cookie then make sure to check out all my other favorite cookie recipes.
How to make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie:
Making these cookies is super simple and will definitely result in a cookie everyone will love.
Many people call these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I like to keep things as they are Chocolate Chocolate!
There are some key tips and tricks to making these cookies that I will share below!
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda and Salt
- Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- Chocolate Chips (melted)
- Sugar and Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- More Chocolate Chips
Directions for making the cookies:
Step 1: Whisk dry ingredients together (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt). Set aside once combined.
Step 2: Use a stand or hand mixer to beat together butter, melted chocolate, sugar, and brown sugar. Once well combined add in egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix these together well.
- Tip: I use room temperature butter as it results in a more cake-like texture. If you use melted butter it will result in a chewier cookie. If you do use melted butter please remember to cool it before mixing.
Step 3: Slowly add in dry ingredients while continuously mixing. Once well combined you will fold in the chocolate chips to the batter. You will then place the batter into the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Tip: Chilling the dough once it is mixed will prevent it from spreading. Ideally, you want the "fat" or butter to be solidified. This helps keep the butter from melting faster during the baking process.
Step 4: When ready to bake, preheat your over to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet, and using your hands or a disher scoop make 1 inch balls. Bake for 12-13 minutes
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies Tips and FAQs:
- Don't substitute the sugars. Using both white and brown sugars are essential to these cookies. The mixture of the sugars really helps make this cookie nice and soft and they mix great with the butter.
- Chill the dough. I highly recommend chilling the dough as it really helps give the cookie a great shape and keeps them from spreading out during baking.
- Use a cookie cutter or glass for perfectly round cookies. Once the cookies come out of the oven, while they are still hot, use a round cutter or glass to help mold the cookies into perfect circles.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (melted)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 10 oz chocolate chips
- Whisked together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Once combined set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer beat softened butter with melted chocolate, sugar, and brown sugar. Once well combined add in egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Add in dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Place dough in the fridge and allow to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll out into 1 inch balls and place them on your baking sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes.