The chocolate chip cookies are a classic and one of my all time favorites. This is my recipe for The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chips.
The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are my all time favorite! I love having them warm with a cold glass of milk. It’s really the only way to have a chocolate chip cookie, am I right? This recipe is in my option The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies! Soft and fully loaded with chocolate chips.
My boys love helping me in the kitchen and I think cookies are one of their favorites to make. Mostly because they love to snack on the chocolate chips while we are preparing the cookie. They love pouring and whisking and are the best taste testers! Once baked I place them on a wire rack to cool so they don’t continue to cook on the hot baking sheet. This will help keep them soft and not over bake.
Make sure you sign up and get your free meal planning printable!
- Butter, softened, 1 stick
- Brown sugar, 1/2 cup
- Sugar, 1/2 cup
- Egg, room temperature, 1
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- Four, 1 3/4 cup
- Baking soda, 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder, 3/4 tsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate chips, 1/2 cup
- Spring colored M&M Candies, 1/2 cup (Optional: plus a handful for placing on top to get a better looking cookie)
- Cream together butter and sugars in a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer) until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl shift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly mix this add this to your mixture until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and half cup candies allow to chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray or a baking liner. Place even balls of dough onto the baking sheet (2-3 tbsp) Optional: To get the same look as my cookies place a few candies on top of cookie balls before baking.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack for 3-4 minutes.