This Summer Fruit Salad is the best summer recipe. It's loaded with seasonal fruit and we top it with a simple homemade yogurt sauce.
Summer Side Dish:
This Summer Fruit Salad is the best summer side dish. You can serve it with dinner, take it on a picnic, or bring it to a backyard BBQ. Plus it's so simple to put together and the bright colorful fruit makes a beautiful dish.
This is the fruit we use in our summer fruit salad but you can easily switch out or leave it out to make it to your taste.
- Orange clementines
Step one: Using a trifle bowl or clear glass bowl make a layer of watermelon, follow up with kiwi, clementine, blueberries, and raspberries for the top.
Why watermelon on the bottom? Watermelon tends to be real “watery” and heavy so it might crush the other fruit.
Can I change the order of the fruit? Of course, you can switch things up to fit your taste. We put them in order of heavy to lightest so no fruit gets squashed in the process.
Yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
Here is what you need to make the simple yogurt sauce to top your fruit salad with.
- Maple syrup
- Lemon juice
Step two: In a blender combine the 2 peeled bananas, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon juice. Blend well and serve as a dipping sauce or topping.
Step three: Serve fruit in individual glasses or bowls and top with yogurt sauce.
What else can I top it with? If you don't want to make the yogurt sauce you can top your fruit with whipped cream as well as just vanilla yogurt.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Summer Fruit Salad
- 2 cups watermelon (spooned out)
- 2 cups Kiwi (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups orange clementine (peeled and separated)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups Raspberries
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 cup yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Using a trifle bowl or clear glass bowl make a layer of watermelon, follow up with kiwi, clementine, blueberries, and raspberries for the top.
- In a blender combine the 2 peeled bananas, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon juice. Blend well and serve as a dipping sauce or topping. or topping.
- Serve fruit in individual glasses or bowls and top with yogurt sauce.