This is a classic chicken salad recipe made with store bought rotisserie chicken. This Rotisserie Chicken Salad is full of flavor, creamy and absolutely delicious. My favorite way to serve it is on a croissant.
Chicken Salad Sandwiches are a classic lunch staple. My classic Chicken Salad recipe is one of my favorite things to make for lunch.
This Rotisserie Chicken Salad is just like my classic recipe but made with a rotisserie chicken.
Super tasty and creamy, and the rotisserie chicken gives it a great flavor! You should also try my Chick-fil-A Chicken Salad recipe sometime!
How to make Rotisserie Chicken Salad:
Shred or chop your rotisserie chicken into smaller bite-size strips or chunks. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
Once everything is mixed well serve the chicken salad. I love to serve mine as a sandwich on a nice bread or croissant.
- Rotisserie Chicken - pulled apart and chopped up. You can use any cooked chicken you have.
- Dijon Mustard
- Lemon Juice
- Sugar - I used white table sugar
- Dill Weed
- Salt & Pepper
- Celery - diced
- Green Onion - diced
Step One - Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, sugar, dill weed, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Then mix together.
Step Two - Next add in Rotisserie chicken, celery, and green onions. Mix until ingredients are combined.
Step Three - Serve on bread, with crackers or on my personal favorite a croissant.
You can serve this as on a salad, sandwich, or in a wrap. I personally prefer my chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, but you can use whatever you want!
Some variations to the chicken salad recipe could be:
- Add some crushed walnuts. The nuttiness and crunch are a nice addition to chicken salad.
- Add some grapes for a little extra sweetness to the recipe.
- Believe it or not, my husband loves to add a slice of white American cheese to his chicken salad sandwiches.
Refrigerator: If you have leftover can keep this in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days. If you are making this to eat later I suggest keeping the grapes on the side until you are ready to serve.
Freezer: I find that chicken salad does not freeze well but you can freeze some of the shredded rotisserie chicken thought if you would like to do that for later use.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- ⅔ cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dill weed (dried)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups Rotisserie chicken (chopped)
- ½ cup celery (diced)
- ¼ cup green onion (diced)
- Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, sugar, dill weed, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Then mix together.
- Next add in Rotisserie chicken, celery, and green onions. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Serve on bread, with crackers or on my personal favorite a croissant.
Leave a Reply