This Bacon Cheeseburger Shepherd's Pie is a spin on the classic comfort food you love. Loaded with beef and bacon then topped with mashed potatoes and cheese before serving.
Shepard's pie has always been a favorite with my family. The way we make is a far cry from the classic version it's more of the poor mans version but we love it. I decided to try something new with the recipe and we all love it.
How to make Bacon Cheeseburger Shepherd's Pie:
Step one: Get started by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Then go ahead and prepare your 9 inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Step two: Now heat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook and crumble ground beef. And make sure to drain fat as needed.
Step three: Once beef is cooked add in Worcestershire sauce then season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add in cooked and crumbled bacon then place everything in your prepared pie pan.
Step four: Now you can top the ground beef and bacon with mashed potatoes.
Step five: Before baking top your mashed potatoes with shredded cheese.
Step six: Bake foe 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted.
Add a can of drain corn or mixed veggies to your beef to make this dinner go further.
Save time by using instant mashed potatoes inside of homemaking them.
Reserve form bacon or make extra to add to the top of your pie before baking.
Ground Beef Recipes:
If you are looking for easy ground beef dinner ideas check these out next.
- Beef and Noddle Casserole: This recipe is simple to make and a favorite with my kids.
- Beef Enchilada Casserole: This recipe has been a favorite with my family. It's so easy to make and taste amazing.
- Asian Ground Beef: This recipe is done in 15 minutes or less. It's the perfect easy dinner recipe.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Bacon Cheeseburger Shepherd's Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- ½ cup bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- ¾ cup colby jack cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9 inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook and crumble ground beef. Drain fat as needed.
- Once beef is cooked add in Worcestershire sauce then season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add in cooked and crumbled bacon then place everything in your prepared pie pan.
- Top the ground beef and bacon with mashed potatoes.
- Top your mashed potatoes with shredded cheese.
- Bake foe 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted.