This hardy and cheesy Beef and Noodle Casserole is the best kind of comfort food. It's simple to make and a recipe the entire family loves.
Nothing beats comfort food during these cold months. I love a good casserole and this Beef and Noodle Casserole is a family favorite. It is super familiar and many people do make this out of a box.
How to make Beef and Noodle Casserole:
Beef and Noddle Casserole, or Hamburger Helper as it is popularly known as is one of my families favorite meals.
My kids and husband ask for it all the time, and I will not make them a box. we have to make this homemade! I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- Egg Noodles
- Ground Beef: You can also use ground turkey for this recipe.
- Onion Powder & Garlic Powder: You can always add more or less to taste
- Salt and Pepper
- Tomato Sauce
- Petite Diced Tomatoes: I used canned tomatoes but you can also dice up fresh.
- Parsley: Dried parsley for seasoning.
- Cheddar Cheese: that has been shredded.
Step one: Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Then prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step two: Next cook the noodles according to the package directions and then drain and set aside.
Step three: Now you want to prepare your beef. In a skillet cook and crumble ground beef then drain fat. Next season your beef with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Step four: Add tomato sauce and petite diced tomatoes to ground beef then season with parsley. Then mix in cooked and drained noodles then add everything to your casserole dish.
Step five: Last top with shredded cheddar cheese then bake for 20- 25 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is warm throughout. Serve and enjoy.
Can I make this Beef and Noodle Casserole in advance?
Yes, you sure can make this in advance! Just cook your beef and noodles. Mix together and then put in your casserole dish. Cover then refrigerate until you are ready to bake it.
Once your are ready to bake top it with your shredded cheddar cheese then pop it in the oven. You make need to add about 10 minutes of cooking time to this, as your casserole is cold from being in the refrigerator.
What can I substitute for Egg Noodles?
The main difference between egg noodles and other types of pastas is the addition of eggs to the flour and water that make up the ingredients for most pastas.
So yes, if you do not have egg noodles in your pantry, you can definitely use another pasta. Fettuccini, linguini or any other ribbon or bowtie pasta would work.
If you use Macaroni you could try my amazing Goulash recipe as well!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Beef and Noodle Casserole
- 12 oz egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz petite diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon parsley (dried)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to the package directions and then drain and set aside.
- Cook and crumble ground beef then drain fat. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add tomato sauce and petite diced tomatoes to ground beef then season with parsley. Mix in cooked and drained noodles then add everything to your casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese then bake for 20 - 25 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is warm throughout. Serve and enjoy.