This Baked Teriyaki Chicken Breast is going to quickly be a family favorite. It's so simple to make and full of flavor. I make simple teriyaki sauce to bake with my chicken breast. Once it's done I thicken up my sauce then serve it on my chicken over rice.
Teriyaki chicken has been a favorite of my husbands for a long time.
We love baking it or making Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken. We serve it with rice and everyone loves it!
How to make Baked Teriyaki Chicken Breast:
Teriyaki Chicken has become a staple in my house. My husband would get Hibachi Teriyaki Chicken all the time if he could, so I had to find a good alternative to make at home.
This is a very simple recipe to make. Mix your marinade ingredients together, marinade your chicken, and bake.
Serve with Rice or Noodles, and enjoy a nice Asian inspired homemade meal, for sure to beat the local take out place!
- Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless)
- Minced Garlic
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Onion Powder
- Ground Ginger
- Sesame Seeds and Green Onion for garnish
Step one: Preheat the oven and then prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Step two: Place your chicken in your prepared dish. Next prepare the sauce, In a small mixing bowl whisk together your garlic, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, pepper, onion powder, and ground ginger.
Step Three: Pour this sauce over your chicken and place it in the oven to bake.
Step Four: Once the chicken is fully cooked remove the chicken from the baking dish and allow to rest for several minutes.
Meanwhile, place the broth in the baking dish into a pan.
Whisk in cornstarch and bring to a boil. Allow boiling while whisking. This will help thicken your sauce. Once it is thick then pour it back over your chicken and serve.
Optional step five: I served mine with sesame seeds and green onion as garnish.
I loved serving this recipe with rice and my simple garlic Asian green beans.
Baking the perfect chicken:
Chicken is sometimes tough to bake perfectly. The oven has a tendency to dry out chicken, and then it is not as enjoyable. Here are some preferred cook temperatures and times that should help you make great chicken.
Cooking Tips: You always want to make sure the internal temperature of your chicken is at least 160 degrees. That is the safe internal temperature needed to be able to eat it.
At 350 degrees you would want to cook around 25-30 minutes.
375 degrees would be 20-25 minutes and 400 degrees would be 20-15 minutes as well.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Baked Teriyaki Chicken Breast
- 2 pounds chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- optional: sesame seeds and green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in your prepared dish. In a small mixing bowl whisk together your garlic, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, pepper, onion powder, and ground ginger. Pour this over your chicken and bake for 30-40 minutes
- Once the chicken is fully cooked remove the chicken from the baking dish and allow to rest for several minutes. Meanwhile, place the broth in the baking dish into a pan. Whisk in cornstarch and bring to a boil. Allow boiling while whisking until sauce has thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve. optional: I served mine with sesame seeds and green onion as garnish