These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are super fluffy and moist. Made with ripened bananas and sweet chocolate chips, these are the perfect breakfast or snack. Easy to make and super tasty!
hello! I went ahead and reworded the card it is good to go.
here are the tips she sent over. This was sold to several people to make sure to re-word.
For the best flavor, use ripe bananas full of black spots.
Every oven is different, I recommend checking the muffins at15-17 minute mark.
Make DIY muffin liners by cutting out small squares out of parchment paper. (Lots of videos online)
2 cups mashed banana = 4-5 medium bananas
Chocolate chips - use semi sweet, dark or milk chocolate chips
I have way to many mornings where I am just pouring cereal into bowls for the whole family. With homeschooling and work, enjoying a great breakfast is usually saved for the weekends. That is why I love these muffins, or any muffin recipe really.
Muffins are the perfect make ahead breakfast. I can make a big batch and the whole family has a good breakfast for a few days!
How to make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Muffins are very easy to make. No matter what kind of muffins you are making you have to start by mixing your wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately. Then you mix them together. Be careful not to over mix the batter as that will cause your muffins to become too dense. Fold in your chocolate chips and then start filling your muffin cups. Bake and then allow the muffins to cool a bit before removing from the muffin pan.
- Mashed Bananas - The recipe calls for 2 cups of mashed bananas which is around 4-5 bananas.
- White Granulated Sugar
- Unsalted Butter - melted
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Semi-sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Tip: Use ripened bananas. The more spots on them, the better the flavor!
- Cooking Tip: All ovens vary, so check the muffins around 15-17 minutes to see if they are done. Check them by poking a toothpick into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean you are done!
How much do you fill your muffin liners?
So when filling your muffin liners you want the perfect amount so that your muffins form that beautiful rounded top.
I have found that filling the liners to about ¾ of the way give you that perfect muffin shape. Now this is a thicker batter so they will not be that big of muffin tops, but you still want that rounded muffin top shape.
Over filling will cause the muffins to spread out during baking and be very flat.
How to freeze Muffins:
Cook muffins according to directions and allow to cool completely. Wrap each muffin in plastic wrap then place in a large freezer bag. These muffins will be good in the freezer for 2-3 months.
How to thaw Muffins:
- Muffins can be thawed at room temperature.
- To quickly thaw unwrap the muffin then wrap them in a paper town and microwave on high for 30 seconds one at a time.
- You can also unwrap them and then place them in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.
How to store muffins:
I recommend storing muffins, cookies or really any baked good in airtight containers. You can use a zip lock bag, but I feel containers "protect" your muffin or baked goods, better. Stored in a container or baggie these muffins will be best within 7 days of baking. If you want, warm them up for about 15-20 seconds in the microwave before enjoying!
Try some of my other Muffin recipes:
Coffee Cake Muffins - These Coffee Cake Muffins are made with a brown sugar and butter crumble then topped with a simple vanilla glaze.
Blueberry Muffins - What makes the best Blueberry Muffin? Well, this recipe full of fresh blueberries and a sugar topping, these will remind you just like the muffins you would get from the local bakery!
Pumpkin Muffins - These Pumpkin Muffins are filled with those wonderful Fall flavors you expect along with an amazing pumpkin flavor as well. You will love these in the morning with a cup of coffee or tea!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups mashed banana
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup melted butter (I used unsalted butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a muffin tin with liners or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl almost smooth. Then add in sugar, melted butter, and eggs. Mix with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Then add in vanilla and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Once dry ingredients are mixed together add to wet ingredients. Mix on low until everything combines. Fold in ¾ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins and top muffins with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few breadcrumbs.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to the wire rack.