These Coffee Cake Muffins are made with a brown sugar and butter crumble then topped with a simple vanilla glaze.
Good morning! It's coffee time and what pairs perfectly with coffee? Well these Coffee Cake Muffins of course. I mean it's in the name so I really hope you didn't get that question wrong. 😉
I love breakfast food and I love muffins the most. Wanna know a little secret. I always make my muffins the night before then toss them in a baggy overnight. Which means I don't have to get up early to cook and I can drink my coffee and everyone gets a muffin while mommy is still in zombie mode.
How to make Coffee Cake Muffins:
Get your muffin tin ready! You can use liners or just cooking spray. You want to start by mixing up all the dry ingredients and making sure they are well combined. Now in a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients, your eggs, milk and oil. Pour this into your dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Spoon this batter into prepared muffin tin. Filling ably ¾ way full. Remember you will be topping it with the crumble to don't over fill! The topping is reapply easy to make. Add all topping ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together until well combined and crumbly. Top each muffin with this crumble. Make for 15-17 minutes or until a tooth pick could come out clean. While your muffins cook prepare your glaze. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
Coffee Cake Muffins serving tip:
Once you put that drizzle on your muffins step one, lick the bowl clean. Yep don't let that good stuff go to waste now! Step two, let your glaze set before serving. If you drizzle it and give it a good 5 minutes it will set and not be so sticky. Make sure you don't make the glaze to thin otherwise it may not sit well.
You are going to love these other muffin recipes:
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffin: Chocolate for breakfast is always a good thing! This muffin is a must try.
Chocolate Chip Muffins: Nothing better then a classic muffin recipe. This one is so simple to make and a family favorite.
Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins: Your entire breakfast in one bite. I love the sweet and savory flavor to this recipe.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Coffee Cake Muffins
- 1 ½ cupa Flour
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Butter (cold)
- ½ cup Flour
- ¼ cup Powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Milk
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or liners.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk and oil. Pour this into your dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon this batter into prepared muffin tin. Filling ably ¾ way full.
- Add all topping ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together until well combined and crumbly.
- Top each muffin with this crumble. Make for 15-17 minutes or until a tooth pick could come out clean.
- While your muffins cook prepare your glaze. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. When muffins are done drizzle glaze on top. Allow to cook on a cooling rack and let glaze set for 3-5 minutes before serving.