Dessert or breakfast, either way, you are going to love these simple and easy Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
When I serve chocolate chips for breakfast my kids NEVER put up a fight. These soft and light Chocolate Chip Muffins are a hit with the entire family.
I’ve openly admitted it before I never been a big breakfast person. Okay, I’ll take that back, it’s not so much breakfast as it is mornings. Waking up early to cook and eat, I would rather have more time in bed. If I had a chef to cook breakfast for me while I slept, well then I would totally be a breakfast person! The best part about these Chocolate Chip Muffins is freezing them. Once cooked just allow them to completely cool then toss them in a large freezer bag. Breakfast all week with only one day of work.
How to make Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Step one: Preheat oven and prepare a muffin tin with non-stick spray or baking liners then set it aside.
Step two: Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
Step three: Using a stand mixer using your paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl mix together butter, and brown sugar. Once well combined and smooth add eggs one at a time and then your milk.
Step four: Continue to mix until well combined then slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon.
Step five: Spoon mix into muffin tin. Bake until cooked through and a toothpick can come out clean.
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk (more as needed)
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a muffin tin with non-stick spray (or baking liners) and set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a stand mixer (with paddle attachment) mix together butter and brown sugar. Once well combined and smooth add eggs (one at a time) and milk. Continue to mix until well combined.
Slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Add more milk as needed for a creamy batter. Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Spoon mix into muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick can come out clean.