These Asian Chicken Drumsticks are simple to make and full of flavor. Marinate with a few simple ingredients then baked. I like to top mine with sesame seeds and diced green onions.
I love chicken drumsticks. I can always find them on sale and they hold so much flavor. Growing up on a tight budget I remember eating chicken drumsticks a lot but my mom always thought of clever ways to change them up.
This recipe is my take on Asian inspired chicken and one of my favorite recipes.
How to make Asian Chicken Drumsticks:
Drumsticks are a great dinner to make for the whole family. The kids will love them, and you can make them any way you want!
I love making my drumsticks with different flavors and sauces. These Asian inspired drumsticks will remind you of your favorite Asian buffet.
With flavors of soy sauce, rice vinegar and ginger these will be a big hit! Serve with my Easy Fried Rice for a great meal!
Asian Chicken Drumsticks Marinate Ingredients:
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Tomato paste
- Garlic powder
- Ground ginger
- Crushed red pepper flakes
Step One - Add chicken drumsticks into a large freezer bag.
Step Two - Whisk together all remaining ingredients.
Step Three - Pour this over your chicken. Marinate overnight for best results or cook immediately.
- Tip: If you don't have time you can skip the chilling it in the marinate but for best result I would allow to marinate in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
Step Four - Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a dish with aluminum foil.
Pour chicken into the dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until fully cooked.
You will want to flip your drumstick about halfway through the baking process, to ensure all sides are cooked well.
Step Five - (Optional) Top your chicken with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish. This
Time will vary deepening on the size of your chicken. I bake mine for 40 minutes but I would check on smaller chicken drumsticks around 30 minutes.
Can I use frozen drumsticks?
Frozen drumsticks are fine to use, as long as you thaw them out. So ideally no, you do not want to use frozen drumsticks.
If they thaw during the baking your seasoning and sauce will get watered down and result in your chicken not being as flavorful. I prefer to use fresh drumsticks for this.
If frozen drumsticks are the only thing you have, make sure they are fully thawed and then pat them dry to remove and excess water.
Garlic Asian Green Beans: I served these as a side dish for this recipe and they paired perfectly!
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps: This one is a favorite of mine. I'm sure you could have guessed since it is made in the slow cooker. It's so fun of flavor and so easy to make.
Asian Ground Beef: If you ever need a good meal in a hurry this is one you will want to try out. Done in 15 minutes or less and one the entire family will love.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Asian Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 large chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- optional: sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Add chicken drumsticks into a large freezer bag.
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients. Pour this over your chicken. Marinate overnight for best results or cook immediately.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a dish with aluminum foil. Pour chicken into the dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until fully cooked. You will want to flip your drumsticks half way through the baking process.