Skip the take out tonight and try making your favorite dish at home instead. This delicious Easy Fried Rice is so easy to make and will make the perfect side dish.
Easy Fried Rice
My husband and I love chines food and ordering out. Once we had kids our date nights out became date nights in. Then 2 years ago me moved a little further out of town and our favorite chines restaurant no longer delivers to us! Now for most of our date nights in we make our own chines. This easy fried rice makes the perfect side dish to any chines food and is SO EASY to make! I usually have rice in my pantry at all times so it makes the perfect sided dish or ingredient for an easy dinner. Here are a few more recipes using rice that I think you will love.
- Beef and Rice Casserole
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Chicken and Rice Soup
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
The way to get the best texture for your fried rice is by using chilled rice. This way you get a more firm rice in the end instead of a soggy or clumpy fried rice. To speed things up I just added my cooked rice to a bowl then sat it in the freezer for 12-20 minutes and it was completely chilled. That little bit of time really made a huge difference.
How to make Fried Rice:
- Start by cooking your rice according to package directions.
- Place rice in the fridge to chili.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add diced onions and cook until transparent.
- Add peas and carrots to your skillet and cook until tender.
- Push all the veggies to one side and add your beaten eggs and scramble.
- Add soy sauce and mix everything in the skillet together.
- Last add chilled rice to your skillet gradually.
- Mix well and allow to cook in the skillet until everything is hot.
Fried rice is the perfect side dish for your homemade take out night. I love making our own take out for date night. Here are a few recipes that pair perfectly with this fried rice.
- Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- Asian Ground Beef
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Easy Orange Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
- 2 cup Rice (I used instant rice)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Onion (diced)
- 12 oz Frozen peas and carrots
- 2-3 tablespoons Soy sauce (or to taste)
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- Start by cooking your rice according to package directions. Place rice in the fridge to chili for an hour or in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add diced onions and cook until transparent. Add peas and carrots to your skillet and cook until tender. Push all the veggies to one side and add your beaten eggs and scramble. Add soy sauce and mix everything in the skillet together.
- Last add chilled rice to your skillet gradually. Mix well and allow to cook in the skillet until everything is hot. Serve and enjoy!