The perfect soup ready made right in your slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup recipe is made with veggies, chicken, broth, finished with a creamy sauce to make the best soup.
How to make Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup:
Half and Half Substitutes:
How to Freeze this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup:
- Cook soup according to directions
- Allow soup to cool
- Ladle soup into a freezer bag.
- Lay flat in the freezer to freeze.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
How to freeze longer than 3 months:
If you want to freeze this soup longer then 3 months then skip adding the half and half and flour. When you are reheating start at step 2. Not putting milk into this recipe when freezing will allow it to freeze for up to 6 months.
How to reheat frozen soup:
Place your frozen soup in the refrigerator 24 hours before serving to thaw out. Place soup into the slow cooker or on the stove top to reheat. Cook until warm throughout.
If you love soup as much as I do then make sure to check out a few more of my favorites on these cold days.
Have leftover chicken and rice? Try these recipes next:
Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Rice: This recipe is a new take on a classic recipe and it quickly became a family favorite.
One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice: Fewer dishes and more cheese. This recipe is simple to make and simple to clean up.
Chicken and Rice Casserole: This recipe is a classic. One my mom made growing up and one now that my kids love.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- 2 breast Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast
- ¾ cup Instant brown rice
- 32 oz Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1 cup Carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup White onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- ¼ cup Unsalted butter
- ½ cup Flour
- 2 cups Half & half
- Add everything to your slow cooker except for your flour and milk. Cover and let it cook for 7-8 hours on low or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Ladle out 1-2 cup(s) of warm broth and place in a small mixing bowl. Add flour and whisk together. Slowly add in half & half and mix until well combined and smooth. Add this back into your soup, mix, and allow to cook for an addition 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! (Optional: I served mine with fresh chopped parsley as garnish)