Easy One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice makes the perfect dinner idea with little clean up after! A hearty and filling one-pot meal, that is full of flavor and amazing cheesy goodness!
Why I LOVE One-Pot Meals!
Easy dinner ideas are a must! Some days I have lots of time for cooking and others I have none. Something I never have time for, dishes! Well, I don't make time for them because I hate them!
Can I hear you sound off in the comments with me if you HATE doing dishes?
Maybe it's because my line of work requires a lot of dishes and that's why I hate them so much. That's why though I love these simple one-pot meals.
How to make One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice:
Step 1: Start by cutting the chicken into small cubes. I like doing small bite-size pieces so the recipe is easy to eat once it is finished.
Step 2: Next you will then need to melt butter in a large pot add chicken, seasoning with salt and pepper, and cook through.
Step 3: Next up is the garlic, which is my favorite part. Nothing smells better to me then garlic cooking on the stovetop.
Step 4: Then you can add in your broth and rice. And cook it until rice is almost done.
Step 5:Once the rice is almost fully cooked add in the broccoli and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Step 6: Last mix in part of the cheese, and then top with remaining cheese. Allow to fully melt. Don't forget, with this recipe, you can always add more cheese!
Tips for making a good one-pot meal:
Make sure any meats used are cut small enough to cook through. For food safety purposes you want to make sure the meat is cooked before adding rice or noodles to a one-pot meal.
Use Instant Rice. I only cooked mine for about 5 minutes, before the rice was almost ready. Instant rice is quicker for a meal like this.
Chicken and Rice Recipes:
Here are even more simple chicken and rice recipes my family loves.
This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup recipe is so simple to make and a favorite soup of mine. Nothing beats a warm soup during the cold months.
This recipe is one my mom made that my family loves, Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Rice easy to make and taste so good!
Chicken and Rice Casserole is a classic. Another one that was passed down to me from my mom and we can't get enough of it.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup instant rice
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth (divided)
- 12 oz frozen broccoli
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Melt butter in a large pot add chicken, seasoning with salt and pepper, and cook through. Add garlic and continue to cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add 2 ½ cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add rice and reduce heat. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen broccoli and remaining 1 cup of broth. Cook on low and covered for an additional 5 minutes or until broccoli and rice is tender.
- Mix in 1 cup of cheese and let sit off the heat and covered for 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese let it melt then serve.
Tips for making a good one-pot meal:Tip 1: Make sure any meats used are cut small enough to cook through. For food safety purposes you want to make sure the meat is cooked before adding rice or noodles to a one-pot meal. Tip 2: Use Instant Rice. I only cooked mine for about 5 minutes, before the rice was almost ready. Instant rice is quicker for a meal like this.