Easy One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice makes the perfect dinner idea with little clean up after!
One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Easy dinner ideas are a must! Some days I have lots of time for cooking and others I have none. Something I never have tome for, dishes! Well I don’t make time for them because I hate them! Can I hear you sound off in the comments with me if you HATE doing dishes. Maybe it’s because my line of work requires a lot of dishes and that’s why I hate them so much. That’s why though I love these simple one pot meals.
Chicken and Rice Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken and Rice
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
How to make One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice:
The recipe is so simple start by cutting chicken into bite pieces. The size really is presence. I made mine small enough to be bite size for the kids. Just make sure they are even so they all cook about the same amount of time. Next you will need to melt butter in a large pot add chicken, seasoning with salt and pepper, and cook through. Next up is the garlic my favorite part. Nothing smells better to me then garlic cooking on the stove top. Then I added in the broth. I used instant rice for this recipe so know that if you are going to use regular rice it could take longer to cook. I only cooked mine for about 5 minutes then added the broccoli and cooked for an additional 5 minutes. Test it and see if your rice is tender and cook more as needed. I mixed in some cheese and then topped it all off with even more cheese, yum!!
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1 cup Instant rice
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken broth (divided)
- 12 oz Frozen broccoli
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (shredded)
Cut chicken into bite pieces. Melt butter in a large pot add chicken, seasoning with salt and pepper, and cook through. Add garlic and continue to cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add rice and reduce heat. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen broccoli and remaining 1 cup broth. Cook on low and covered for an additional 5 minutes or until broccoli and rice is tender.
- Mix in 1 cup of cheese and let sit off heat and covered for 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese let it melt then serve.