If you like Buffalo chicken you will have to try this Buffalo Chicken Soup. A hearty chicken soup flavored with Buffalo Wing Sauce and Ranch Dressing. You can really heat this dish up with the wing sauce or cool it down with the dressing. Enjoy!
I love all things buffalo chicken. I am a big spicy food person so anything with this bold flavor is right up my alley. This soup doesn't have too much spice though, I tamed it down so others can enjoy it but if you like more spice as I do then cut back on the ranch and add a little more buffalo wing sauce to the soup or even just hot sauce.
I served mine topped with more sour cream, fresh cilantro, and a little more cheese plus a few tortilla chips in the side for dipping.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Soup:
This recipe is pretty simple to make but does take a little time. Cook your veggies, and then add your other ingredients. You have to cook it long enough to allow the chicken to fully cook. Shred the chicken and the add back to the soup. Mix well and serve!
- Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless)
- Veggies: Onion, Celery, Carrots , and Corn
- Garlic (minced)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Tomato Paste
- Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Sour Cream and Ranch Dressing
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Sour Cream and Cilantro for topping
Step One: In a large pot melt butter on medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots, corn, and garlic. Cook until veggies have softened.
Step Two: Sprinkle in flour and stir. Next add tomato paste, and chicken broth and stir well. Add in whole chicken breast and then season with salt and pepper. You can add in more salt or pepper to taste.
Step Three: Add wing sauce, sour cream, and ranch dressing. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat. Simmering until chicken is cooked through. Once cooked you can remove your chicken from the pot and shred then add shredded back into the soup.
I topped mine with more sour cream and cheddar cheese. Add some cilantro on top for color. I even love it with some tortilla chips on top!
Can I use already cooked and prepared chicken?
If you want you can use already prepared chicken for this recipe. It would definitely speed up the cooking process and time. I recommend my All-Purpose Chicken for that. I usually make a few chicken breasts on Sunday so I have them ready for the week of cooking.
Is it safe to cook the chicken in the soup?
Yes, it is perfectly safe to use raw chicken and cook the chicken in the soup. You just have to have the patience and time to allow the chicken to cook for the proper amount of time. Traditionally, chicken soups were made by boiling a chicken in water and then adding all the spices, veggies, and other ingredients. This is a very old method of making chicken soup.
Love buffalo chicken as much as I do? Check out these recipes next:
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Oh my goodness Y'all, this recipe is the BEST! It's made in the slow cooker and so easy to make and taste amazing.
Baked Crispy Buffalo Wings: I love wings and this recipe is one of the best. I was able to bake them but still get them to turn out crispy, you are going to love them.
Buffalo Chicken Dip: This recipe I have been making for years. It's been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember. Any party or football game this recipe will be on my table!
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us, or use hashtag #TDOARH
Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup onion (chopped)
- ½ cup celery (chopped)
- ½ cup carrots (chopped)
- 2 cups corn
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 large chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Optional: sour cream and fresh cilantro.
- In a large pot melt butter on medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots, corn, and garlic. Allow to cook for 5-6 minutes until veggies have softened.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir. Next add tomato paste, and chicken broth and stir well. Add in whole chicken breast (you will remove and shred later) Season with salt and pepper.
- Add wing sauce, sour cream, and ranch dressing. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat. Allow to simmer for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pot and shred then add shredded back into the soup.
- Garnish with shredded cheese. Or optional sour cream, and fresh cilantro.