All you need to do is toss some simple ingredients into your slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken is full of flavor and simple to make, it's the perfect dinner idea.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
Every time I make this recipe I can hardly wait for dinner. The house smelled amazing the entire time it cooked. It was the perfect simple recipe and one that my kids loved! They are big lovers of fruit so the pineapple really won them over.
How to make Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken:
Time to get cooking. First drain and reserve juice from your can of diced pineapples. You want to use the pineapple juice for your sauce later. Now to your slow cooker add your chicken, diced pineapples, bell pepper, and onion. Use that reserved pineapple juice and add your honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger, garlic powder. Whisked together until well combined then pour over ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 3-4 hours. Until chicken is fully cooked and tender. Once cooked shred chicken then add cornstarch. Mix well and allow to cook for an addition 15 minutes. I served mine with rice and garnished with green onions.
How many chicken breast is 1 pound:
Since chicken breast size can vary I gave you the weight instead. For me, 1 pound was 2 boneless and skinless chicken breast.
When buying pineapples for this recipe make sure to get a can that has 100% pineapple juice. One with heavy syrup could change the taste and you would want to use less brown sugar.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- All-Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken and Vegetables
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken
Winner winner chicken dinner, check out more of my favorite Chicken Dinners:
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Rotini: Start with a creamy chicken sauce then add pasta and cheese. Easy and cheesy this Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Rotini is a family favorite
Chicken and Rice Casserole: This simple Chicken and Rice Casserole only takes a few ingredients and it bakes in 15 minutes or less. It’s creamy and cheese and a recipe that you are going to love.
Easy Chicken Spaghetti: Easy and creamy Easy Chicken Spaghetti will be a hit with your family. I filled mine with cream cheese, tomatoes, and cheese, then baked!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
- 1 pound Chicken (boneless and skinless)
- 20 oz Diced pineapples and juice from can (canned)
- 1 diced Red bell pepper
- 1 diced Onion
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
Optional: Green onions for garnish and rice for serving.
- Start by draining and reserving juice from your can of diced pineapples.
- To your slow cooker add your chicken, diced pineapples, bell pepper, and onion.
- To your reserved pineapple juice add your honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger, garlic powder. Whisked together until well combined then pour over ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Until chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Once cooked shred chicken then add cornstarch. Mix well and allow to cook for an addition 15 minutes.