Start with a creamy chicken sauce then add pasta and cheese. Easy and cheesy this Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Rotini is a family favorite
If you know me then you know when I cook the more cheese the better. This Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Rotini is so creamy and so cheesy, you are going to love it. I usually don’t do a lot of pasta in the slow cooker since you have to cook it on the stove top. I am usually a dump and go slow cooker kinds gal. This recipe really changed my mind though. I started with my chicken and a creamy base. Let it all cook and then boiled some pasta about half an hour before dinner. Drained it then add it to the slow cooker with some cheese. It only needed to cook for about 20 more minutes then dinner was ready. Boiling the pasta on the stove top didn’t take that much work so I still felt like this was a simple slow cooker meal that I can put together quickly for my family. In case you LOVE this recipe (I think you will) here are some more slow cooker chicken recipes to try next.
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Pineapple Chicken
How to make Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Rotini:
- Add chicken, cream of chicken soup (do not add water), chicken broth, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder to your slow cooker.
- Cook then remove chicken once cooked, shred, and return to slow cooker.
- Meanwhile cook Rotini according to package directions and set aside.
- Add sour cream, 1 cup cheese, and cooked and drained pasta to your slow cooker.
- Top with remaining cheese then cook for an additional 20 minutes on warm.
I served mine with salad and broccoli and my kids LOVED it! They even ate some leftovers the next day which usually doesn’t happen.
Here are some sides to go with it:
- Cheesy Corn Casserole
- Skillet Green Beans
- Roasted Ranch Carrots
- BLT Salad
- Roasted Ranch Green Beans
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Here are more CHEESY recipes that I think you will LOVE!
Baked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes: This is one of my favorite side dish recipes. Potatoes coved in ranch dressing and baked with cheese.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Casserole: This casserole is one we serve at every holiday! Growing up it was my favorite on Thanksgiving.
Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole: A classic casserole that the entire family will love.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
- 2 large Chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 2 cans Cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz each)
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 16 oz Rotini
Add chicken, cream of chicken soup (do not add water), chicken broth, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder to your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Remove chicken once cooked, shred, and return to slow cooker.
Meanwhile, cook Rotini according to package directions and set aside.
Add sour cream, 1 cup cheese, and cooked and drained pasta to your slow cooker. Top with remaining cheese then cook for an additional 20 minutes on warm.