An easy side dish recipe that the entire family will love. These Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are simple to make and pair perfectly with any meal.
Side dish recipes are easily forgotten about but when they are this easy to make and taste this good you just can't skip out on it! These Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots or boiled then cooked in a butter and brown sugar sauce that taste amazing.
How to make Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots:
Step one: Start by peeling and slicing carrots to prepare them.
- Tip: To save time peeling and slicing try using baby carrots. They would need a few more minutes to soften up but other then that you can follow the recipe as if when changing carrot type.
Step two: Place sliced carrots in a deep pot and cover with water. Allow to boil for 2-3 minutes or until they are bright orange and starting to softened. Once that happens you can drain carrots and then set aside.
Step three: Next use the same pot and add butter and allow to melt. Once melted reduce heat and add brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Then use a whisk to mix together until melted and well combined
Step four: Last add the prepared carrots back into pot and cook again for another 2-3 minutes or until soft. Once cooked and soft you can remove them from heat and allow to sit and thicken for 1-2 minutes and then serve.
Make Ahead Directions:
Follow the directions then set aside to cool. Store in an air tight container for 2-3 days in the fridge.
To reheat add them to a pan with a tablespoon of butter and reheat.
Serve these Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots on the side of:
A side dish can make or break a meal and with these Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots, you will be winning at dinner. My entire family loved them. If you need some suggestions on what to serve them with then check out my
Want more side dish recipe ideas? Check these out!
Roasted Ranch Green Beans: I love green beans! These are so simple to make and full of flavor.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Vegetable Casserole: This recipe is a must try! Anything that can be made in the slow cooker is a winning recipe here.
Roasted Ranch Carrots: I love ranch seasoning! Anything tastes better with it. These are full of flavor than roasted in the oven until tender.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound Carrots (sliced)
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Cornstarch
- Start by peeling and slicing clean carrots.
- Place sliced carrots in a deep pot and cover with water. Allow to boil for 2-3 minutes or until they are bright orange and starting to softened. Drain carrots and set aside.
- In the same pot add butter and allow to melt. Reduce heat and add brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Whisk together until melted and well combined.
- Add carrots back into pot and cook again for another 2-3 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and allow to sit and thicken for 1-2 minutes then serve.