One of my favorite sandwiches now tossed into a salad. This BLT Pasta Salad has the lettuce, the tomatoes, and the bacon, all tossed in ranch dressing. This is a very filling pasta salad that is a great lunch option!
It's summertime and we are spending our time out and about all season long. One classic sandwich during the summer is a Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Sandwich, better known as the BLT.
Well that sandwich inspired me to make a new recipe. This is a pasta salad where I took all those wonderful ingredients of Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes and made a new twist on a classic lunch!
Last week we had playgroup at the park and I packed this BLT Pasta Salad for my mom and me and it was the PERFECT lunch!
- Farfalle pasta (Bow-tie)
- Lettuce (chopped)
- Cherry Tomatoes (sliced)
- Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Ranch Dressing
- Air Fryer Bacon - This Air Fryer Bacon comes out perfectly every time and clean-up is so easy. I don't think I'll ever make bacon another way again.
- The Perfect Oven Baked Bacon - The Perfect Oven Baked Bacon is a great way to make bacon! It comes out perfectly and the clean-up is so easy. Yes, cooking bacon on a stovetop is quicker, but this way is so much easier for cleanup! No grease popping all over the stovetop.
Step Three: In a large mixing bowl add lettuce, cooled and cooked pasta, sliced cherry tomatoes, cooked and crumbled bacon. Pour in ranch dressing and gently toss to coat. Serve it and enjoy.
Can I use another pasta?
We love it best served with farfalle (bow-tie) but of course, you can use any type of pasta you like. Penne or rotini would work great too!
When serving you want your pasta to be cooled. Warm pasta could wilt your lettuce. I drain mine and leave it in the colander then run cold water over the pasta to cool quickly.
Typically you do not want to rinse your pasta, or the sauce will not be absorbed in it. The only time it is acceptable to rinse pasta is when you are using it for a cold dish, such as pasta salad. Once cooked you can add it to the rest of your salad.
The same goes for the bacon make sure it's not too hot. I usually will cook bacon for breakfast and then reserve some for lunch. One cooking session and two meals!
Can I make this Pasta Salad ahead of time?
Normally yes, you can make almost any pasta salad ahead of time. With this one, you still can get most of it done in advance. Go ahead and cook your pasta and bacon. Mix those up with the dressing. Store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve prepare your lettuce and tomatoes and add to the salad. If you add the lettuce and tomatoes in advance they will get soggy and not hold up well.
Pasta Salad Recipes
- Italian Spaghetti Pasta Salad
- Easy Taco Pasta Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Classic Macaroni Pasta Salad
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us, or use hashtag #TDOARH
BLT Pasta Salad
- 2 cups Farfalle
- 6 cup Lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- ½ cup Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- ½ cup Ranch dressing
- Cook your Farfalle (also known as bow-tie pasta) according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Allow the pasta to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add lettuce, cooled and cooked pasta, sliced cherry tomatoes, cooked and crumbled bacon. Pour in ranch dressing and gently toss to coat. Serve it and enjoy.