Toss these four simple ingredients into your slow cooker for the best Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken. Use it in a salad, tacos, wraps, soups, or even in a Mexican shredded chicken burrito bowl.
Pictures for this recipe have been updated but the recipe is the same amazing recipe as before!
Y'all know this recipe is my jam! Well, anything with a Mexican-style flavor is going to go on my list of favorites. Plus it's made in the slow cooker and cooked until fall-apart tender. Want a little tip? Make extra, trust me!
Shredded Mexican Chicken Ingredients:
- Chicken breast: I used boneless and skinless chicken breast. You can use any cut of chicken as long as it's boneless and skinless.
- Salsa: I used a mild store-bought salsa.
- Taco seasoning: Use a store-bought packet or use a homemade taco seasoning.
- Chicken broth
How to make Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken:
I don't think this recipe could be any easier! I used 2 pounds of boneless and skinless chicken breast. Then place that in the slow cooker then add in your salsa, taco seasoning, and chicken broth.
Once your chicken has been cooked and is tender I used two forks to pull and shred. The most perfect and perfectly easy shredded Mexican chicken.
There are so many different options for serving. When I made this I served it in a Mexican chicken burrito bowl. I filled my bowl with lettuce, rice, beans, cheese, and sour cream.
You could also serve it as a chicken taco salad, add it to soups or stuff it in a taco. Really there is no wrong way to serve it, leave a comment below and let me know how you are serving this Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken.
Here are a few more of my favorite things to serve with this recipe.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Slow Cooker
- Fork for shredding
- 2 lbs chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high 4-5 hours. Until chicken is cooked through and tender. Use a fork to shred chicken.
- Use for tacos, chicken taco bowls, soups, or salads.