If you love take-out then you are going to love this Easy Orange Chicken. Some take-out duplicates can call for lots of ingredients you don’t have. I made my orange with just easy three ingredients! Yep just three!! You can also find a recipe video at the end of the blog post!
Easy Orange Chicken
I really enjoy cooking and creating meals for my family, so I don’t order take-out a lot. My husband loves Chinese inspired food so this was a favorite for sure. You know I’m not going to give you a recipe with a long list of ingredients that you can’t get at your local grocery store. The orange sauce for this recipe only has 3 super simple ingredients. After you make your easy orange chicken, grab a movie, and have a date night in! I also included a recipe video for you!
While you chicken starts to cook get your orange sauce ready. All you need is BBQ sauce, orange marmalade, and soy sauce. Whisk it together and allow to cook on low. Make sure to watch the recipe video on the next page!
I love the crispy chicken under all that sauce. Feel free to skip breading if you don’t want to use flour. I cooked mine for a few minutes before turning and allowing to cook on the other side. Once you see the sides start to become crispy it’s a good time to flip.
Once your chicken is cooked I added to a large mixing bowl. I then poured the orange sauce onto the chicken and tossed it all with tongs.
Easy as can be just like I said! I made this easy orange chicken for a date night in at home. If you need something to serve it with try my recipe for Easy Fried Rice.
Shop This Recipe:
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Sweet orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 Chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1 cup Flour all purpose
- 2 Egg
- 6 tbsp Olive oil
- In a small sauce pan start your orange chicken sauce. Add BBQ sauce, orange marmalade, and soy sauce. Whisk together and allow to cook on a simmer. While your sauce simmers get your chicken started.
- Dice chicken breast into bite size pieces. Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add oil. Whisk egg together in place in a bowl. Wash chicken pieces in egg wash and then coat with flour. Add chicken to warm oiled skillet.
- Allow chicken to cook for 3-4 minutes before turning over. Turn and cook until both sides are crispy.
- Add chicken to a large mixing bowl and pour orange sauce over cooked chicken. Use tongs to toss and coat the chicken.
- I served mine with rice