This Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole has the classic flavor that you love from a pot pie. Skip the crust and just add biscuits instead. It's simple to make a recipe that you are going to love.
I love simple recipes like this Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. It's classic comfort food made in casserole form.
It doesn't get much better than that. I made a somewhat thicker version of the inside then places it on the bottom of a casserole dish.
How to make Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole:
This recipe is really easy to make. Cook and shred your chicken. Cook your biscuits, and make the casserole filling.
Once done put in a casserole dish and serve!
- Chicken (cooked and shredded) - Try my All Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken recipe.
- Mixed Vegetables
- All Purpose Flour
- Chicken Broth
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Italian Seasoning
- Canned Biscuit Dough
Step One - Start but cooking vegetables until tender. I cooked mine to the package directions. You can even steam them in the microwave you just don't want to add them in frozen.
Step Two - Meanwhile, melt butter in a pot. You don't want to brown your butter cook it just until melted. Once melted then add flour and whisk.
Step Three - When flour and butter are just combined you can slowly add milk and broth and routine to whisk until combined and a thick sauce has formed.
Step Four - Add cream of chicken soup and Italian seasoning. Whisk again until well combined.
Step Five - Add chicken and veggies to this and mix once again. Add to the bottom of your prepared casserole dish.
Step Six - Cook biscuits according to the package directions then add biscuits to the top of your casserole dish and serve
This new twist on a Classic Chicken Pot Pie is really tasty with the biscuits. I hope you will really enjoy this meal!
I have updated this recipe and changed the way I cook it. I used to place the biscuit dough on top before cooking but found that the underneath of the biscuit did not cook through and was soggy.
This time around I baked the biscuits on top and then placed them on the casserole after baked.
If you want to cook the biscuits on top of the casserole I would try cutting them into smaller pieces so they cook through better.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 2 cups Chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 3 cups Mixed vegetables (I used corn, carrots, green beans, and peas)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup All purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package Canned biscuit dough
- Start by cooking vegetables until tender. I cooked mine according to the package directions then set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a pot. Add flour and whisk. Slowly add milk and broth and whisk until combined and a thick sauce has formed.
- Add cream of chicken soup and Italian seasoning. Whisk again until well combined.
- Add chicken and prepared veggies to this and mix once again. Add to the bottom of your prepared casserole dish.
- Cook biscuits according to package directions.
- Add biscuits to the top of your casserole dish and serve.