This Cheesy Chicken Pasta is a family favorite. Pasta in a creamy and cheesy sauce. Nothing beats an easy recipe that everyone in the family loves.
My kids LOVE this Cheesy Chicken Pasta. It's creamy and cheesy and so simple to make. You can't ask for much more then that.
Any meal that is an instant winner with the kiddos is a returning meal in our house. what kids don't love cheesy pasta and chicken? I think even a picky eater will love this!
How to make Cheesy Chicken Pasta:
This is another one of my amazing One Pot meals. The best thing about a one pot meal is your dinner is so easy to clean up when you are done!
First boil your pasta and then set aside and drain. Cook your chicken, then when the chicken is done add your remaining ingredients and mix up well! Add the pasta back to the pot and heat up some more!
- Chicken Breast (boneless and skinless)
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Chicken Broth
- Oregano (dried)
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
Step one: Start cooking your pasta according to the package directions. Once cooked through drain and set aside for later.
- Tip: For this recipe, we used penne pasta but any pasta you like will work.
Step two: Prepare your chicken by cutting your chicken into cubes/bite size pieces. In a large skillet cook your chicken until no longer pink and cooked throughout.
Step two: Next add your cream of chicken soup, broth, and seasoning to the chicken. Allow to cook for for 10-15 minutes on medium until warm throughout.
Step three: Next remove your chicken and sausce from the heat and mix in sour cream and shredded cheese until creamy.
Step four: Add in cooked pasta and mix until pasta is coated. Then serve and enjoy.
Can I use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe?
Yes you can use any type of cooked chicken for this recipe. Here are some good options:
- Use my All Purpose Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe. This is a recipe I usually do once a week, and use it throughout the week for my meals!
- A Rotisserie chicken would be great as well! it has great flavor, and all your would need to do is shred it up and put it in your dish!
- Canned Chicken can work too! It is already cooked, but you will want to season it!
Can you make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this ahead of time. Cook and prepare it as usual. Once it is done, allow it to fully cool and then put it in a covered container.
I will last in the refrigerator for about 5-7 days. When ready to eat, add it back into a pot or large skillet, add a little chicken broth and reheat it up!
Can this Cheesy Chicken Pasta be Frozen?
Yes, prepare as usual and like I stated about once it is cooled put it in a freezer safe covered container and freeze. Will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Once ready to eat, allow the recipe to thaw. Drain any excess liquid that comes with the thaw, and add back to the stove in a large pot or large skillet and reheat.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- 16 oz pasta
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon oregano (dried)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Start cooking your pasta according to the package directions. Once cooked through drain and set aside for later. Cut and cube chicken and cook through in a large skillet.
- Add cream of chicken soup, broth, and seasoning to chicken. Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium until warm throughout.
- Remove from heat mix in sour cream and shredded cheese until creamy.
- Add in cooked pasta and mix until pasta is coated. Serve and enjoy.
- Tip: For this recipe, we used penna pasta but any pasta you like will work.