This Cheesy Salsa Dip is simple to make and only takes three simple ingredients. This recipe is one that my Aunt made every Christmas and anytime I make it, it brings back memories.
Every year for Christmas we would go to my Aunt Marsha's house. She can cook y'all! We would have a huge selection of food for lunch and then a few hours later she would put out snacks while we all paled card games and opened gifts.
Every year still to this day Aunt Marsha makes this Cheesy Salsa Dip. We would even take home a bowl home for later. We also to this day call it Aunt Marsha's dip every time we make it. It's simple to make and only takes three ingredients.
How to make Cheesy Salsa Dip:
All you need to do is cook your ground beef. Once that is cooked add in your Velveeta and Salsa. Cook until Velveeta is fully melted and then enjoy! Serve with tortilla chips!
I know this recipe is pretty basic and others have made it but I can't help but think of my Aunt each time we have it. For this recipe, you only need three simple ingredients.
- Ground beef
- Velvetta cheese
Step One - Cook and crumble ground beef in a large deep skillet. Once fully cooked drain fat.
Step Two - While the ground beef is cooking, cube your Velveeta into small cubes for easier melting.
Step Three - Add cubed Velveeta cheese and salsa to your ground beef and on low cook and stir until melted.
Step Four - Once melted add to a large bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
Variations to this Cheesy Salsa Dip:
While this dip is very simple to make, you can change it up really easily as well! Try these different variations!
- Make it meat free - You can easily make this dip without ground beef. Replace your ground beef with cream cheese. So bring to a simmer the salsa and then melt in the cream cheese and Velveeta cheese.
- Spice it up a notch! If you like a hotter or spicier dish add a hot level salsa or some Rotel. Sliced fresh jalapenos sautéed with the ground beef is a great flavor addition.
- Use Ground Sausage instead of Beef - Ground Sausage is great for this recipe too if you do not want to use beef. It has a great flavor and it goes great with the cheese.
Can I make this in the microwave?
You definitely can make this in the microwave. If you do not want to have to use your stovetop, you can make this in the microwave with just a few small changes.
Replace your ground beef with you favorite can of meat chili from the grocery store. In a large microwave safe bowl add your chili, Velveeta, and salsa. Cook on high for about 3 minutes.
Safely remove from microwave and give it a good stir. Microwave again for 3 minutes, and check again. Continue microwaving for a short amount of time and mixing until all the cheese is melted. Be careful as it will be very hot!
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Cheesy Salsa Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 16 oz salsa
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large deep skillet. Once fully cooked drain fat.
- Add cubed Velveeta cheese and salsa to your ground beef and on low cook and stir until melted.
- Once melted add to a large bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
Leave a Reply