This fancy dinner just got so simple! Easy to make and tastes great your family is going to love this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole with Stuffing is a great twist on classic comfort food.
Chicken cordon bleu always seemed like such a fancy recipe to me. I remember having it at one of our banquets in high school. At the time I was pretty impressed with the dish. To make this "fancy" meal something family friendly we made it into a casserole!
Turns out it's one of my husband's favorite recipes. I made it as simple to make as possible, and something I knew my kids would enjoy also. It's important to me that I make homemade meals for my family. I love the time we get to spend together around the table.
That's why I love simple homemade dinner recipes like this one. It makes getting dinner on the table for my family a goal I can reach every night.
Making Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole:
Step two: Next go ahead and preheat your oven and then prepare your casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. I used a 9x13 casserole dish.
Step three: Toss chicken, ham, and broccoli with cream of chicken soup and dijon mustard. Place in a casserole dish as the first layer. Top with swiss cheese. Last top with prepared stuffing then bake.
We love serving this with some steamed veggies and a side salad. Here are a few more ideas on what to serve as a side dish.
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Parmesan Garlic Skillet Green Beans
- Cheesy Corn Casserole
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 1 box stuffing mix (6 oz box)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets (thawed)
- 1 cup cooked and cubed ham
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 5 slices swiss cheese
- Start by preparing your stuffing according to boxed instructions and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Coat chicken, ham, and broccoli with cream of chicken soup and dijon mustard. Place in a casserole dish as the first layer. Top with swiss cheese. Last top with prepared stuffing.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.