My family just loved this Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole! It's one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It's super easy to make and can even be made the night before.
Cinnamon rolls are a favorite at our house. What's better than a sweet treat for breakfast, right?
I made this Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole for Christmas morning, and I think it's the only reason my kids actually sat down for 2 minutes before ripping open all the gifts!
How to make Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole:
This is super easy to make! Using refrigerated cinnamon roll dough all you need to do is cut the dough up into diced pieces and place them in your casserole dish.
Mix you eggs, cream, cinnamon and vanilla together then cover the cinnamon rolls. Bake you have an amazing breakfast!
- Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
Step One - Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Open refrigerated cinnamon rolls and set icing aside. Rip cinnamon roll dough into small pieces and place in a greased baking dish.
Step Two - In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and ground cinnamon.
Step Three - Pour egg mixture over cinnamon rolls and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly then drizzle on icing.
Why is this recipe so good?
- This recipe is super easy to make! You can make it ahead of time, or even your kids can prepare this recipe!
- It is really tasty and filling. This will become a favorite quickly.
- It is great for breakfast on holiday mornings!
Can you use frozen cinnamon roll dough?
Yes you can, but you would want to make it the night before. If you use frozen dough allow it to thaw enough to dice it up, and then continue with your preparations.
Cover and sit in the refrigerator overnight and bake in the morning!
Can I substitute the heavy cream?
Yes, you can substitute out the heavy cream with almost any other dairy or non-dairy alternative. I use heavy cream because it gives the casserole a nice richness, plus adds to the fluffiness when the eggs cook.
You can use any other option too like half and half or milk. You can use non-dairy options like almond or soy milk as well, but beware they will change the taste a little.
How to make this the night before:
This is the easiest recipe to make the night before. We love serving it on Christmas morning for that reason!
You just need to follow the directions and before baking cover your dish with foil and place in the fridge.
Bake according to directions the next morning.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole
- 2 can Refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Open refrigerated cinnamon rolls and set icing aside. Rip cinnamon roll dough into small pieces and place in a greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and ground cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture over cinnamon rolls and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly then drizzle on icing.