This recipe was passed down from my mother and my all time favorite potato salad recipe. This Classic Potato Salad will need to be at your next grill out or picnic!
This recipe is a classic that was passed on to me by my mother. She came to visit me during her spring break and we grilled burgers, sliced up watermelon, and served this Classic Potato Salad. This recipe isn't just for a picnic and a summer table though! We actually serve this with our Christmas meal each year. It was my Granny's favorite so we served it instead of mashed potatoes on the side of ham, deviled eggs, and broccoli casserole. No matter the setting this recipe is a classic that you are going to love.
How to make Classic Potato Salad:
Want more summer side dish recipes? Try these also:
- Italian Spaghetti Pasta Salad
- Easy Classic Coleslaw
- Cranberry Jello Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Classic Deviled Eggs
Classic Potato Salad
- 8 medium russet potatoes (about 5 lbs)
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard (or to taste)
- 1 cup mini dill pickles (diced)
- ½ tablespoons celery seed seasoning (or to taste)
- 5 boiled eggs (peeled and diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Peel and dice potatoes into bite size pieces. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until potatoes are fork tender. Time will depend on how small your potato pieces are. Once cooked drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In mixing bowl with cooked potatoes add mayonnaise, yellow mustard, diced pickles, celery seed, and eggs. Gently fold together until well combined. Add salt and pepper and again gently fold until mixed in.
- Serve warm or keep in the fridge to serve chilled later.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH