This Grilled BBQ Chicken is simple to make and full of flavor. Made with just a few simple seasonings and your favorite bbq sauce. This recipe is sure to be a hit this summer.
The Best Grilling Recipe:
I love grilling in the summertime. We grill at least 5 days a week during the summer. Nothing beats spending the day at the pool and coming home to grill chicken while the kids play in the yard.
How to make Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast:
Grilling chicken has always been my favorite way to prepare a chicken breast. This Grilled BBQ Chicken is so simple to make.
I lightly season then grill. The grill gives the chicken so much smokey flavor you don't need to over season it. I finish it off with my favorite BBQ sauce, Sweet Baby Rays.
- Chicken Breasts - boneless and skinless
- Seasoning: Paprika, Garlic Powder, and Salt
- BBQ sauce
Step one: Heat grill to medium/high heat. Once heated lower temperature to a low or medium-low to cook.
Step two: Now it's time to season. Place your chicken in a large baggy with oil and then seasonings massage into chicken.
Step three: Place chicken on the grill and cook for 20 minutes before flipping. Flip your chicken and allow 10 minutes then flip again repeating until your chicken is cooked through.
- Tip: The size of your chicken will really determine your cooking time. For a smaller chicken breast, you would need less cooking time.
Step four: Once the chicken is fully cooked remove it from the grill and brush with bbq sauce.
- Tip: At this time, you can place your chicken back on the grill for 2-3 more minutes or serve right away. You don't want to let chicken with BBQ sauce cook too long since BBQ sauce is heavily sugar based and will burn quickly.
Step five: Allow to rest for 3-5 minutes then serve.
Do I have to preheat the grill:
Yes, preheating your grill is the same as preheating an oven. This will help overall cooking time and even cooking.
What temperature to grill:
Preheat at high and then reduce to medium/low for cooking. Cooking low means a juicy chicken breast.
This could take an hour or longer for large breast or 30 minutes for a small chicken breast.
Make sure to use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken is at a safe temperature before serving.
How to season BBQ chicken:
For this recipe, I used a very simple seasoning. I love the smokey flavor that the grill gives and wanted to use things that would enhance that not take away from it. I used;
- garlic powder
I started with a little oil then added my seasoning and massaged it all unto my chicken breast until everything was seasoned.
Can I use frozen chicken breast?
For this recipe, I would suggest using fresh or thawed chicken. Using frozen can change your cooking time and cause uneven cooking through your chicken.
Can I make this in the oven?
This recipe can easily be made in the oven. For details and instructions on how to do that read my Baked BBQ Chicken breast post.
Just about any side will pair well with this chicken recipe. Here are a few of my favorites that I love serving with this bbq chicken.
- Classic Pasta Salad: Pasta salad is another summer staple around here and one I love serving when we grill. This recipe is classic and so simple to make.
- Grilled Asparagus: Skip all cooking and make your side on the grill also! This is my favorite way to make asparagus.
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad: This one is my favorite to take to a pot-luck summer grill out!
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Grilled BBQ Chicken
- 4 large chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Heat grill to medium/high heat. Once heated lower temperature to a low or medium-low to cook.
- Place chicken in a large baggy with oil and massage into chicken. Add in paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook for 20 minutes before flipping. Flip your chicken and allow 10 minutes then flip again repeating until your chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is fully cooked remove it from the grill and brush with bbq sauce.
- Allow to rest for 3-5 minutes then serve.
Leave a Reply