A few simple ingredients to make the BEST potato salad! This Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is loaded with your favorites and full of flavor.
Oh, potato salad. The best summer side dish since 1960, am I right? Potato salad and grill outs just go hand and hand but this year try something new besides your classic potato salad. This Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is hands down my all-time favorite potato salad recipe. I mean it has bacon in it so how could it not be!
When my parents came into town last week we did some grilling and I put together this potato salad for them. When I told my mom I was making potato salad she started boiling eggs for our classic recipe but I told her I'm not making the classic recipe this time. "Potato salad without eggs?" She was pretty unsure about it at first but I quickly won her over. My parents are more for the tried and true not always trying something new when it comes to food. This recipe though they absolutely LOVED and couldn't get enough of! I think I just may have opened up their minds to two different kinds of potato salad 😉
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad Recipe:
Step one: Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and place them in a large pot. Boil them in water until tender then removes and place in a large mixing bowl. You want them to cool a little before adding the rest of the ingredients. For this recipe, I used red potatoes but have used others in the past and they work well also.
Step three: Mix together sour cream mix, cooked bacon, shredded cheese, and green onions in a bowl with potatoes. Gently mix until evenly coated. Place in the fridge to chill or serve immediately.
Here are a few more of my favorite summer side dish recipes:
- Classic Coleslaw Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes (washed and peeled)
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 oz ranch seasoning mix (1 package)
- 1 ¼ cups bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup green onion (minced)
- Cut potatoes into bite size pieces and place them in a large pot. Cover with water and boil them on medium/high heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and place them in a large mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl mix together sour cream and ranch seasoning.
- Mix together sour cream mix, cooked bacon, shredded cheese, and green onions in a bowl with potatoes. Gently mix until evenly coated. Place in the fridge to chill or serve immediately.