This Classic Pasta Salad is a staple around here! No matters on your menu this summer this pasta salad will be the perfect side dish. It's simple to make and taste amazing.
Summer Side Dish:
When it comes to summertime we don't mess around. I spend 99% of our time in the pool and the rest we are grilling and spending time as a family. This Classic Pasta Salad is the perfect summer side dish. It tastes amazing and it a must for your next BBQ, get together, or family dinner.
How to make Classic Pasta Salad:
Step one: Start by preparing your pasta. Cook it according to package direction. For this recipe I used penne but you can use any pasta you like.
- Tip: To prevent sticking run with cold water or add a pinch of salt to the water while boiling.
Step two: Add noodles to a large mixing bowl with your diced onion, bell peppers, and celery.
Step three: In a separate mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and yellow mustard until well combined and smooth.
Step four: Pour your mayo dressing into the large mixing bowl and toss until coated. Add cubed cheese and toss again.
Step five: Allow chilling for 2-3 hours in the fridge then serve.
Like I said before this pasta salad is great with any meal. Here are a few of my all-time favorites to serve wit hit.
Pasta Salad Recipes:
Want to try even more of my yummy pasta salad recipes. Try these next!
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Classic Pasta Salad
- 16 oz pasta (I used penne)
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 1 large green bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 2 ribs celery (diced)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (cubed)
- Cook pasta according to package direction.
- Add noodles to a large mixing bowl with onion, bell peppers, and celery.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and yellow mustard until well combined and smooth.
- Pour your mayo dressing into the large mixing bowl and toss until coated. Add cubed cheese and toss again.
- Allow to chill for 2-3 hours in the fridge then serve.