Nothing beats Grilled Asparagus. It's the perfect summer side dish recipe. Drizzled with oil, sprinkled with salt, then grilled with butter. Not much beats this perfectly grilled sided dish recipe.
Healthy Side Dish Recipe:
I love grilling in the summertime. It's one of my favorite things about the warm weather! Plus it's always less mess in the kitchen and my husband does most of the grilling. This Perfect Grilled Asparagus is my favorite side dish. Just toss it on the grill with the rest of your dinner then enjoy.
Not only does this asparagus taste amazing but it also has lots of other benefits. It's low in calories and has great nutrients! For example, it's high fiber and includes vitamins A, C, and K. A healthy side that taste amazing, you know this recipe is a winner.
How to Grill Asparagus:
Grilling asparagus is so simple and doesn't take much time. Start with a bundle of asparagus and lay it on the foil. Foil is a must for this recipe since the asparagus can easily fall through the grill rack. It also helps to keep all the flavors on the asparagus while grilling. Start by tossing your asparagus with oil.
- Tip: You can use any oil you like but for this recipe, I used olive oil.
Seasoning your asparagus is really simple. Once tossed in oil then season with garlic powder and salt. I use about ½ teaspoon of each but you can add more or less to taste. Fold up the sides of your foil and then top with butter.
- Tip: Use unsalted butter for this recipe.
How Long To Grill Asparagus:
Cooking time can vary. I like to use a thick asparagus spear but have used thinner spears that took less time to cook. Heat your grill over medium heat and place your prepared foil pack on the grill. Grill for 5-8 minutes or until asparagus is fork tender.
Can I Bake This Asparagus:
If you want to enjoy this recipe all year it can easily be baked in the oven. Bake it at 425 degrees F for 10-14 minutes or until fork tender.
Once your asparagus is cooked you can remove it from the grill (or oven) and serve.
Summer Side Dish Recipes:
Want more ideas for your BBQ and summer dinners. Try these out!
- Classic Potato Salad
- Italian Spaghetti Pasta Salad
- Classic Coleslaw
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Potatoes
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
The Perfect Grilled Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (sliced)
- Toss asparagus with oil and season with garlic powder and salt.
- Place asparagus in foil and top with butter.
- Heat your grill over medium heat and place your prepared foil pack on the grill. Grill for 5-8 minutes or until asparagus is fork tender.
- Remove from the grill and serve.
- You can use any oil you like but for this recipe, I used olive oil.
- Use unsalted butter for this recipe.
Can I Bake This Asparagus:If you want to enjoy this recipe all year it can easily be baked in the oven. Bake it at 425 degrees F for 10-14 minutes or until fork tender.