This Cream Cheese Sausage Casserole is so simple to make and full of flavor. The bold sausage flavor and cream cheese make the perfect pair.
Cream Cheese Sausage Casserole
I really enjoy the combination of sausage and cream cheese. I’ve bad several recipes included a cream cheese sausage dip that is my all time favorite and a big hit at any party I bring it to! This Cream Cheese Sausage Casserole is no different and it’s so simple to make. With just a few ingredients this is a breakfast your entire family is going to love.
After I cooked my ground breakfast sausage (I used pork but turkey sausage will work also) I drained the fat and then added cubed cream cheese. Cook it on low heat until your cream cheese has melted and is well combined with your sausage. For the crust all I did was lay out crescent rolls and press them together to form one crust. Add your cooked sausage that is coated in cream cheese then top it all off with eggs in a casserole dish. Since this is a heavier breakfast you can always use turkey sausage, low fat cream cheese, and egg whites to make it a little lighter. Either way I hope you enjoy it and let me know how much you like it and what creative ways you made it.
Make sure you sign up and get your free meal planning printable!
For this recipe I used a 12x9 casserole dish.
- 1 pound Ground breakfast sausage
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1 package Crescent rolls
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a casserole dish with non stick spray and set aside.
- In a skillet cook and ground breakfast sausage. Drain grease and return to skillet. Cube cream cheese and add it to the skillet with sausage. Cook on medium/low heat until cream cheese is melted and well combined with sausage.
- In your prepared casserole dish lay out crescent roll and press all seams together to made a solid layer of dough. Top with cooked sausage and cream cheese.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, half&half, salt, and pepper together. Pour this egg mix into casserole dish. Bake for 25-35 minutes until eggs are cooked through. Serve and enjoy!