This Million Dollar Pound Cake is so simple to make. It's made with just 6 simple ingredients. We love to serve it with whipped cream and fresh fruit. With only 6 ingredients you can make this rich and elegant dessert and surprise all your guests with this Pound Cake.
I love this Million Dollar Pound Cake recipe. It's so simple to make and the perfect spring and summer dessert to serve with fresh fruit.
It is rich and elegant as you would expect any pound cake to be, with a very nice vanilla flavor. It is very dense and moist, giving you that old-fashioned feel and taste you love.
With only 6 ingredients, this "million" dollar cake you probably already have all the ingredients in your house, and you can make a tasty dessert to WOW any crowd!
If you love a classic and simple cake recipe, make sure to check out this chocolate Texas Sheet Cake next, it's so good.
History of Pound Cake:
This classic loaf cake is a fantastic recipe with a rich history! I love knowing this recipe has stood the test of time and people still love it.
Do you know how Pound Cake got its name?
It dates back to the 1700s and was called a pound cake because you put 1lb of every ingredient into the recipe!
So, imagine 6 pounds of items, going into a recipe to make a cake!
I don't think my over could back something that big! I do think 1lb of Vanilla Extract would really change the flavor of this cake though!
- All-purpose Flour or Cake Flour
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Million Dollar Pound Cake:
Step one: Get started by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a loaf pan well with nonstick cooking spray.
- I used a 81/2 by 4 ½ inch loaf pan you can also use a bunt pan.
Step two: Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer and a mixing bowl to beat your softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Step three: Add in your eggs one at a time and then vanilla and salt. Mix this until combined.
Step four: Next slowly mix in flour on low speed until just combined. You want to make sure not to over mix.
Step five: Last pour your batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool then remove from pan and slice to serve.
- Tip: To prevent too much browning on the top of your cake place a tent of foil on top of your loaf pan.
Optional: serve with whipped cream and strawberries.
What is the best flour for pound cake?
Honestly the best flour is Cake Flour, but All-Purpose Flour works just as well.
How long should I beat my pound cake?
Beating the pound cake will have a direct result on how the crust bakes. You want to beat it for around 3-7 minutes before adding the eggs.
Once the eggs are added, beat on low and for not to long. If you overbeat once the eggs are added, it may result in a weak crust.
Why did you not use Baking Soda or Baking Powder?
Adding a leavening agent to a pound cake could make it less dense as it will try to rise.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Million Dollar Pound Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a loaf pan well with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer and a mixing bowl beat your softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs one at a time and then vanilla and salt. Mix until combined.
- Slowly mix in flour on low speed until just combined.
- Pour your batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool then remove from pan and slice to serve. Optional: serve with whipped cream and strawberries.
- For this recipe I used a 81/2 by 4 ½ inch loaf pan.
- To prevent too much browning on the top of your cake place a tent of foil on top of your loaf pan.