Rich and buttery million dollar pound cake! This is a dessert that is sure to please! It is a huge hit with my family, and I know your family will love this classic dessert!
I made this pound cake for my family event, and got great reviews! I added some sliced strawberries and homemade whipped cream! They top off the pound cake great. You can get my recipe for homemade whipped cream HERE.
If your looking for a low-fat recipe just move along people! You have come to the wrong place. This recipe calls for a whopping pound of butter! Which is why after I baked it I shared it with others!
I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer and beat the butter at medium speed for a good 5 minutes until it became more of a light yellow color. You want to make sure your butter gets nice and light because of the air that gets from mixing will help your pound cake rise.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
This Million Dollar Pound Cake is rich and fantastic! A classic dessert that you will love!
- 1 lb Butter
- 3 cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 4 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Start by beating your butter in an electric mixer for 5-7 minutes on medium speed. Mix until butter is a light yellow color.
- Slowly add sugar and continue to beat at medium speed until well blended, and your butter has become light and fluffy.
- One at a time add eggs into butter and sugar and beat.
- Slowly add 2 cups of flour to butter mixture then slowly add milk and then the rest of the flour (2 more cups)
- Add vanilla extract
- Pour your batter into a greased bunt pan
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes then allow to cool completely on a wire rack.