I love French toast and this Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole is one of my favorites. Prepare it the night before then add it to the slow cooker in the morning.
This breakfast is one of my favorites. It does take some time so be prepared for that but trust me it is well worth it. The best part is all the work is done he night before. So don't worry about doing a lot of prep in the morning. If you would rather bake your casserole then check out my recipe for Baked French Toast Casserole.
How to make Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole:
This is a great recipe for a breakfast gathering or brunch. It does take some time to prep and cook, but it will be worth it in the end.
- French bread load
- Unsalted Butter
- Half and half
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Ground cinnamon
Step one: Start by preheating your oven to 300 degrees F. Dice bread into cubes and then place a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Tip: Don't skip baking your bread. Using fresh soft bread for this recipe will cause your casserole to be really soggy. You could also use stale bread in the place of cooked bread.
Step two: Next use a large mixing bowl to whisk together eggs, half and half, and milk. Add in sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Then whisk it all together well.
Step three: Place toasted bread in your egg mixture and place in the fridge to sit overnight.
Step four: In the morning pour your French toast casserole into your slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 ½ - 3 hours until cooked throughout.
Step five: Use a large spoon to scoop and serve.
- Optional: Top your casserole with powdered sugar or maple syrup.
Add walnuts or raisins to this recipe to give it a little something extra.
For easy clean up you can spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
French Toast Recipes:
Here are a few more of my favorite ways to make French toast.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- 16 oz French bread loaf
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Dice bread into cubes and then place a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, half and half, and milk. Add in sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together well.
- Place toasted bread in your egg mixture and place in the fridge to sit overnight.
- In the morning pour your french toast casserole into your slow cooker. and cook on high for 2 ½ - 3 hours until cooked throughout.
- Use a large spoon to scoop and serve. Optional: top your casserole wih powdered sugar or maple syrup.
Leave a Reply