Your favorite breakfast dish baked all together in this easy French Toast Casserole. Don’t worry this isn’t an overnight recipe, it’s ready in an hour. You can make ahead the night before if you want!
French Toast Casserole
I can’t lie to you with this recipe. It’s completely meant for breakfast, but I totally made it for dinner! I mean who doesn’t love brinner am I right? The best part is we had left over for breakfast, and I was able to sleep in and not have to worry about cooking in the morning. That’s what I like to call a win-win! Cooking breakfast for dinner is a favorite of mine, and we did it again tonight with this low carb breakfast casserole.
I think my kids would eat just about anything that I put syrup on! I topped this French Toast Casserole with syrup and powdered sugar and the entire family loved it. I used sourdough bread for this recipe, but you can use any thick sliced bread like a Texas toast or even a french loaf. This is. breakfast casserole you can eat at any time of the day!
Make sure you sign up and get your free meal planning printable!
Your favorite breakfast dish baked all together in this easy French Toast Casserole. Don't worry this isn't an overnight recipe, it's ready in an hour.
- 1 loaf Sourdough 14-16oz
- 8 Eggs
- 2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 stick Butter cold butter
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish (9X13) with cooking spray and set aside. Whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, sugar, brown sugar (first 1/2 cup) vanilla, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut bread into bite size pieces and add to bowl with egg mix. Gently mix together until all bread is coated (careful not to crumble bread). Once all bread has absorbed the egg then place it into your prepared baking dish.
- For topping place all butter, flour, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Use a fork (or your hands) to mix together well until you form a crumble. Crumble this on top of your casserole.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick could come out clean.
- Optional: serve topped with powdered sugar and syrup.
More Recipes for YOU: