Simple and classic Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole. This one is awesome and so easy to make, you are going to love it.
I love how easy breakfast casseroles are to put together! This Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole was so good and simple to make. Last week my parents came to visit and I put made this Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole for them. The best part is that it’s gluten-free. My dad is deathly allergic to gluten so cooking for him can be a challenge. This breakfast casserole was a hit though, she actually ended up eating the leftovers for lunch =)
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Ham and Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Three Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Bacon Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
How to make Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole:
- Preheat oven and prepare a casserole dish.
- Cook ground sausage to the skillet until fully cooked then drain fat.
- Add cooked sausage and hash brown potatoes to the prepared casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this egg mixture into your casserole dish with 1 cup of cheese and mix
- Add remaining cheese to the top of your casserole.
- Cook until eggs are firm and cooked through.
Freezing Breakfast Casseroles:
To freeze this recipe cook according to directions. Once cooked cool completely. Store in an airtight container or large freezer bag. Place in the freezer for up to 2 months. To reheat add 1 square serving to the microwave for 30-60 seconds until warm throughout. TO reheat entire casserole place in an oven safe dish and bake at 350° F for 40-45 minutes until warmed through.
Have leftover ground breakfast sausage? Try these recipes next:
Sausage Egg Breakfast Braid: I love this recipe! It’s simple to make and looks beautiful. It’s one of our favorites for Christmas morning breakfast.
Cream Cheese Sausage Crescent Roll-Ups: This breakfast recipe is so simple to make. All you need is three ingredients!
Sausage Gravy: This recipe is a classic! It’s one my Granny made growing up and the smell of it in the morning still reminds me of my weekends at her house as a kid.
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 20 oz shredded hash browns (frozen)
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Cook ground sausage to the skillet until fully cooked then drain fat.
Add cooked sausage and hash brown potatoes to the prepared casserole dish.
In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour this egg mixture into your casserole dish with 1 cup of cheese and mix
Add remaining cheese to the top of your casserole. Cook for 40-45 minutes until eggs are firm and cooked through.