The best Sausage Gravy recipe, it’s simple to make and full of flavor. The perfect breakfast recipe and one that you are going to love.
This recipe is one that was passed down to me from my granny. I loved staying the night at her house on the weekends. I always woke up to the most amazing smells coming from the kitchen. Of course at Granny’s house I was able to sleep in until whenever I wanted and she still always had breakfast waiting on me. It’s one of my favorite memories of her and this recipe brings me back.
Sausage Gravy Ingredients:
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Sausage Gravy from scratch:
- Cook and crumble sausage in a large skillet.
- Add in flour a little at a time and mix until all flour is absorbed.
- Stir in milk. Keep staring constantly until the gravy has started to thicken.
- Add more milk here as needed.
- Season gravy with salt and pepper.
- Serve gravy on a warm biscuit and enjoy.
What Milk should I use for Sausage Gravy:
I have made this recipe with different milks and while whole milks it the best choice for a rich and creamy gravy other milk can be used. I used skim milk and it turned out fine just not as rich.
Have leftover sausage? Try these recipes next:
Crescent Roll Ups: So simple to make and a breakfast that you can eat on the go.
Sausage Egg Breakfast Braid: I LOVE hoe this recipe looks. So pretty yet so simple to make.
Cream Cheese Sausage Casserole: One of my favorite breakfast casseroles. It’s been family favorite for years.
- 1 pound pork breakfast sausage
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk (more as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons pepper (or to taste)
- 6 warm biscuits
Cook and crumble sausage in a large skillet. Add in flour a little at a time and mix until all flour is absorbed.
Stir in milk. Keep stirring constantly until the gravy has started to thicken. Add more milk here as needed.
Season gravy with salt and pepper. I like a heavily peppered gravy but you may want to add a little and taste if you are not a big pepper fan.
Serve gravy on a warm biscuit and enjoy.