Creamy and cheesy with the fantastic flavor of ranch! This Slow Cooker Cheesy Ranch Potato Soup is made right in your slow cooker and topped with bacon, cheese, and green onions before serving.
If you have been around my blog for any amount of time you should know by now that I'm a potato lover. I love them just about anyway and when it comes to soup potato is my favorite of course. I've made and shared several different types of potato soups on my blog and one thing stand true with all of them, I top them all with bacon! Something about potatoes and bacon that go together like peanut butter and jelly. If you want more ranch potato recipes make sure to check them our after you try this one.
My allergies are kicking my butt this season. I can hardly breath yet my nose is running all the time. Water eyes, itchy throat, the whole 10 yards and it's no fun. My oldest deals with allergies also and I have been thinking about getting allergy shots for the both of us. We are absolutely miserable. Today we got to go to a birthday party and had a blast but spent the entire time outside. Which mean we are now non-stop sneezing and blowing our noses. I don't know about you but when I am feeling a little under the weather soup seems to do the trick. The hot seam and comforting flavors from this Slow Cooker Cheesy Ranch Potato Soup is just what we needed today!
How to Make Slow Cooker Cheesy Ranch Potato Soup:
- Add potatoes, onion, celery, and chicken broth to your slow cooker.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Lightly mash up potatoes.
- Mix in flour, ranch, 2 cups shredded cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and half and half then add to potatoes in slow cooker.
- Serve and top with cooked and crumbled bacon, green onions, and remaining cheese.
What is in ranch seasoning:
For this recipe I used 1 oz of pre-made ranch seasoning. Usually 1 packet will have 1 oz inside. If you would rather use your own most ranch seasoning have the following ingredietns:
- Dry buttermilk
- Dried parsley
- Dried dill weed
- Dried chives
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Can I freeze this soup:
Cook according to directions then remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Pour soup into large freezer bags. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 24 hours before reheating to thaw in the fringe. Use the slow cooker or the stove top to heat until warm. Serve and enjoy.
Have leftover potatoes? Try these recipe next:
Slow Cooker Potato Soup: The classic potato soup and my all time favorite recipe or it. It's creamy, yet thick, and full of flavor.
Cheesy Potato Soup: This recipe is pretty simple and taste amazing. Soupy cheesy chunky potatoes soup.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup: Taking the classic just a step further and loading it up with some of my favorites, like bacon!
Ranch Potato Recipes:
- Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- Baked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
- Cheddar Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Cheesy Ranch Potato Soup
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- 1 small Onion (diced)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 32 oz Chicken broth
- 4 tablespoon Flour
- 1 oz Ranch seaosning
- 3 cups Shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 cup Sour cream
- ½ teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups Half and half
- 8 slices Bacon (cooked and crumbed)
- ½ cup Green onions (diced)
- Add potatoes, onion, celery, and chicken broth to your slow cooker and on low for 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Until potatoes are tender.
- Lightly mash up potatoes then mix in flour, ranch, 2 cups shredded cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and half and half. Mix well into slow cooker then cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- For a Chucky soup serve light mashed or for a creamy soup use a impression blender to blend until smooth. Serve and top with cooked and crumbled bacon, green onions, and remaining cheese.