Add it to your slow cooker then walk away until dinner time. This Crock-Pot Potato Soup is the perfect potato soup, I topped mine with bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onions.
Crock-Pot Potato Soup
Crock-Pot Potato Soup Instructions:
This soup is so simple to make and it’s ALL made in the slow cooker. Start by peeling and washing your potatoes. I diced mine then add them them to my slow cooker. Add onions, broth, salt, and pepper to your slow cooker with the potatoes. Then cook on low for 6-7 hours or in high for 3-4 hours until potatoes are tender. Add sour cream and heavy cream to the soup. Mix and mash or use an immersion blender to blend soup until smooth. Serve warm topped with cooked and crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and green onions.
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes:
- Slow Coker Cheeseburger Soup
- Slow Cooker Tomato Soup (my kids loved this one)
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker Ranch Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup
Make this soup on the stove top:
This soup can easily be made on the stove top if you don’t have slow cooking time. Start with the potatoes, broth, onions, salt and pepper. Since you will have more water reduced on the stove top when cooking it faster add 1 extra cup of broth. Once tender remove from heat add sour cream and whipping cream and mash and blend until smooth. Serve topped with the same bacon, shredded cheese, and diced green onions.
My Favorite Kitchen Tools:
More Potato Recipes you HAVE to try:
Roasted Red Potatoes: Tossed in coated in a zesty Italian seasoning then baked. These Roasted Red Potatoes are the perfect side dish recipe to any meal.
Loaded Mashed Potatoes: These Loaded Mashed Potatoes are perfectly creamy and baked with a topping of shredded cheese and bacon. The best potato recipe EVER!
Baked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes: These Baked Cheesy Ranch Potatoes make the best side dish for any meal. Tender potatoes mix with ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, and seasoning. Bake until cheese is melted and then serve.
Crock-Pot Potato Soup
- 4 cups Russet potatoes
- 1 cup Onion (diced)
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- Option for topping: Bacon, shredded cheese, and green onions.
- Add potatoes, onions, broth, salt, and pepper to your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or in high for 3-4 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Add sour cream and heavy cream to the soup. Mix and mash. Use an immersion blender to blend soup until smooth. Serve warm topped with cooked bacon, shredded cheese, and green onions.