If it's not morning you are about to wish it was! This super simple Sausage Egg Breakfast Braid is a breakfast speciality in our house. Sausage, eggs and cheese wrapped in a flaky crust will have you loving breakfast.
Ready for a breakfast recipe that you are going to LOVE! This one was so simple and wrapped up all my favorite breakfast ingredients. I used canned pizza dough to make the braid and stuffed it with eggs, sausage, and cheese!
I love this recipe because it's so simple to make but it looks fancy. It's the perfect breakfast recipe to impress!
How to make a Sausage Egg Breakfast Braid:
This breakfast braid is really was to make. Start by preparing your dough and cooking your eggs and sausage. Then you just fill it all in, and braid it, then bake it!
- Pizza Dough: Use your favorite recipe or use pre-made from the store. I used the canned pizza dough from the store that you can find with the canned biscuits.
- Ground Sausage: You can make this without sausage or use cooked bacon instead.
- Cheddar Cheese
Step One: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Step Two: Scramble eggs then cook ground sausage. Set aside.
Step Three: Start by placing your pizza dough on a greased baking sheet. Use a pizza cutter to make slices in your pizza dough all the way down about an inch think and 2 inches deep.
Step Four: Add scrambled eggs, cooked sausage, and ¾ cup shredded cheese.
Step Five: Start braiding by wrapping one slice of dough to the opposite side until your dough is fully braided.
Step Six: Top braid with remaining cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes until dough is golden brown.
When your breakfast braid is finished just slice to serve. It tastes just like a sausage breakfast sandwich but look's really neat!
We love serving this to guests or even on Christmas morning for a fun yet simple breakfast recipe.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Sausage Egg Breakfast Braid
- 1 can Pizza dough (13.8 oz)
- 5 eggs Eggs
- 1 pound Ground sausage
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scramble eggs then cook ground sausage. Set aside.
- Start by placing your pizza dough on a greased baking sheet. Use a pizza cutter to make slices in your pizza dough all the way down about an inch think and 2 inches deep. Add scrambled eggs, cooked sausage, and ¾ cup shredded cheese. Start braiding by wrapping one slice of dough to the opposite side until your dough is fully braided.
- Top braid with remaining cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes. Until dough is golden brown. Slice and serve!
Just wondering if I could use crescent rolls instead of pizza dough?
Yes I think crescent rolls would work just press and seal the edges. I hope you enjoy the recipe!!
I have got to try this!
It's so yummy Brittany! Hope you enjoy =)