This is Easy Low Carb Breakfast Casserole is loaded with vegetables and full of flavor. I added sausage and baked until firm. I make this for my father-in-law all the time when they come to visit because he tries to eat a full Keto diet.
A good breakfast to start the day.
Breakfast food is the best, but I'll admit though I'm soooo not a morning person. My kids have learned pretty quickly not to request for mommy until after she has coffee. Do any other moms have the same rule in their house? We all pile on the couch, them with milk and me with coffee, and watch a cartoon, every morning! We all need that minute or two to wake up before starting the day. It's bliss most days, and I enjoy the quiet cuddles. The only issue is on the mornings we have to get going early. They want to sit and relax before fully waking up, but we need to head out the door. Most days though it's wonderful, and I really enjoy an easy breakfast recipe to go along with our slow mornings. Which is why I LOVE low carb-free breakfast recipes like this one. Mix it up and toss it in the oven. Then I can have my cuddle and coffee time with the kids while it bakes.
Making this recipe low carb.
For this recipe, I wanted to keep it low carb so no bread and no potatoes. Just loaded with veggies, some sausage, and eggs all in a baking dish. I topped it with just a little cheese and baked. It takes about 40 minutes to bake so that's 40 minutes of coffee time which I am totally okay with! If you want to try another low carb breakfast recipe you have to try my Muffin Tin Low Carb Breakfast Casserole! I used this recipe but baked them in a muffin tin for easy one serving breakfast.
Want to make this Low Carb Breakfast Casserole ahead of time?
I love making this ahead of time and eating it the next morning or even throughout the week. Since this Low Carb Breakfast Casserole is made with no potatoes or bread it doesn't get soggy overnight. I usually bake it the night before, and then let it cool completely. Cut into slices and place them into an airtight container. If you want to freeze it, I usually cut into squares, and freeze them separately on a baking sheet then add them to a baggy once frozen and keep them in the freezer. This way I can take out just one square at a time!
More Recipes for YOU:
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Easy Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound Ground breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 2 cups Bell peppers diced
- ½ cup Yellow onion diced
- 3 cups Spinach chopped
- 12 Eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon each Salt and pepper or to taste
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Ground and cook sausage in a skillet until fully cooked. Add garlic, peppers, and onions to the skillet and sauté with sausage for 2 minutes. Place this in your prepared baking dish. Add chopped spinach on top.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs with salt and pepper. Pour egg wash over vegetables in a baking dish and gently mix to make sure eggs are covering the entire dish. Top with cheese and bake for 45 minutes or until a fork can come out clean and eggs are cooked all the way though.