In the winter one of my favorite flavors to use is peppermint. I love it’s refreshing taste, and it smells great while baking with it. You will love these Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
The perfect holiday treat:
These Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies are simple to make the perfect holiday treat.
I love baking during the holidays. It’s one of my favorite traditions with my family and something I look forward to every year. One of my favorites, Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix. This year I did something a little different than the classic brownies I always do and made these super yummy and festive Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies.
Reasons to make holiday treats:
Baking sweet treats during the holidays are a win-win and like two gifts in one. It brings everyone together, and is a great way to reconnect with your neighbors. These are 2 of my favorite reasons for making holiday treats!
1. You get to spend time with your family baking. My kids love helping in the kitchen. They sit up on the counter while I cook and help mix and pour.
2. After that special time with your family, you get a yummy treat to eat or give to neighbors or friends.
I got my Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix at Walmart in the Baking Aisle. I added some peppermint extract, baked, and topped with homemade peppermint cream cheese frosting and White Peppermint M&M’S®. For the cream cheese frosting, I just used cream cheese, butter, peppermint extract, and powdered sugar. Whipped it all up and it was done. Once my brownies cooled I added the cream cheese on top with an icing piping tool. You could just use a spoon to spread it one.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Pillsbury and M&M Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies! These are great for the holiday season, and a great dessert you can
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Peppermint extract
- 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 8 tbsp Butter softened
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 bag White Peppermint M&M’S® for topping. use how much or how little you want
- In a mixing bowl mix together brownie mix with water, oil, eggs, and peppermint extract. Please note what your brownies call for on the box. Bake according to package directions. Remove brownies from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand mixer. Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add peppermint extract and powdered sugar and continue to whip together.
- Add peppermint cream cheese frosting to the brownies and top with White Peppermint M&M’S®.
Make sure to stop by Walmart to pick up everything you need this holiday season!