Classic comfort food that you are going to want to try! This Turkey Pot Pie so simple to make and the perfect recipe to use leftover turkey with.
Pot pie is such a classic and this Turkey Pot Pie is just like the classic chicken recipe.
It works perfectly to use any leftover turkey up. For this recipe, you can use a store-bought crust or make your own. If you plan on making your own check out my recipe for homemade pie crust.
How to make Turkey Pot Pie:
Step one: Get started by preheating your oven to 425 degrees. Then prepare the pie crust and set aside.
Tip: Save time with a store bought crust or try this simple homemade crust recipe.
Step two: Next prepare your filling. In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter then add your diced onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then add in flour, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in broth and milk stirring constantly until bubbly and your sauce has thickened.
Step three: Add cooked turkey and the mixed vegetables then stir until well combined.
Step four: Now line a pie pan with ½ of rolled out crust. Fill crust with pot pie filling. Roll out the 2nd half of your crust and place it on top. Make several slits in the top of the crust.
Step five: The last step is to bake for 35-35 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
Tip: To ensure your crust edges do not burn 15 minutes before your pot pie is finished place foil around the outside.
Here are even more great turkey recipes.
- This recipe is a favorite around here! Even my kids love this Ground Turkey Stroganoff recipe.
- Chili is a staple in my house during the cold months. Nothing beats this Turkey Chili.
- These Turkey and Rice Stuffed Peppers are loaded with flavor and simple to make.
- Taco soup is one of my favorites. This Ground Turkey Taco Soup is a great alternative to the classic beef recipe.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Turkey Pot Pie
- pie Crust
Pot Pie Filling:
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup onions (diced)
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- 14 oz chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups cooked diced turkey
- 3 cups frozen vegetables (I used carrots, peas, corn, and green beans)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare the pie crust and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter then add diced onions to sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add in flour, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in broth and milk stirring constantly until bubbly and thickened.
- Add cooked turkey and vegetables. Stir until well combined.
- Line a pie pan with ½ of rolled out crust. Fill crust with pot pie filling. Roll out the 2nd half of your crust and place it on top. Make several slits in the top of the crust.
- Bake for 35-35 minutes until the crust is golden brown.