Acorn Cookies are a cool No-Bake Candy cookie that is perfect for the Fall. This easy to make treat is made with only three ingredients!
This fun and sweet treat of candy Acorn Cookies are perfect for any Fall or Halloween party or gathering you have. Made with 3 ingredients these cookies are made to look like acorns.
These cookies are super cute and can be given out as treats for Halloween too. This recipe can be double or tripled if you need. You can also change it up a lot by changing the kind of chips, cookies, and kisses you use.
- Mini Nilla Wafer Cookies
- Chocolate Kisses - unwrapped and divided
- Butterscotch Chips
- Tip: Unwrap all of your kisses ahead of time to save time.
- Cooking Tip: If your melted chocolate starts to reharden before you stick the kisses to the wafers, put them back in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to melt the chocolate again.
Step Six - Place back into the refrigerator to set for 30 minutes until your entire cookie is set. Remove from the refrigerator and enjoy!
Variations to Acorn Cookies:
You can change these up a lot of different ways. Try different kinds of Hershey's Kisses. There are so many varieties of Kisses out there that you can make fun changes to these cookies for a lot of different flavors. You can also try different cookies like chocolate wafers or even a peanut butter wafers if you can find them.
How do you store these cookies?
Keep these cookies sealed in either an airtight food storage container or a large Ziplock bag. Keep them on the counter as you do not need to refrigerate them.
I do not recommend freezing these cookies. I find that if these are frozen the chips have a tendency to fall off from the wafer pretty easy when they are frozen.
Try some of my other favorite cookie recipes:
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies - Peanut butter cookies stuffed with chocolate peanut butter cups! You are going to love these Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. This classic recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are so good you won't be only able to eat just one!
Lemon Sugar Cookies - These Lemon Sugar Cookies are a nice citrusy twist to a classic cookie recipe. Loaded with lemon zest and juice these cookies are perfect for Springtime!
Sprinkle Cookies - The perfect cookie covered in colorful sprinkles. These Sprinkle Cookies are a favorite of mine and is a must try cookie recipe. Change up the sprinkle color to go with any theme or holiday!
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 30 mini Nilla Wafers cookies
- 38 chocolate kisses (unwrapped and divided)
- 30 butterscotch chips
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place mini-Nilla Wafers cookies on your prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Laying them all flat side facing up.
- Place 8 unwrapped chocolate kisses into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 15-20 seconds at a time stirring and cooking again until melted and smooth.
- Dip remaining unwrapped chocolate kisses into the melted chocolate flat side down. Place each on the center of each mini-Nilla Wafers cookie until all cookies have a kiss.
- Place your baking sheet of cookies into the refrigerator and allow to chill for 5 minutes until chocolate is set. Once set turn cookies onto their side.
- Use a toothpick to place melted chocolate on the flat side on the butterscotch chip. Then place them on top of your wafers. Repeat until all cookies have butterscotch chip on top.
- Place back into the refrigerator to set for 30 minutes until your entire cookie is set. Remove from the refrigerator and enjoy!