These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are perfectly seasoned and cooked perfectly in the air fryer. They are crispy and full of flavor easily made in the Air Fryer.
I love my Air Fryer. I think you all know that by now. I love using my air fryer for side dishes and the main meal. The Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are the perfect side dish and appetizer! They go great with chicken, burgers, or just by themselves as a snack!
How to make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries:
Start by washing and preparing your sweet potatoes. Cut and slice the sweet potatoes into fries. Get them seasoned and into your pre-heated air fryer. Cook in the air fryer and then serve hot!
- Large Sweet Potatoes - Make sure they have been washed and scrubbed.
- Seasoning - I used Onion Powder, Paprika, Salt and Pepper
Step One - Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Tip: To preheat your air fryer, just turn it on for 5 minutes before adding in the food.
Step Two - Cut washed potatoes into ¼-inch-wide strips then place them into a large mixing bowl.
Step Three - Put your sweet potato fries in a large bowl and add in oil and toss to coat. Next add in all seasoning and toss to coat again.
Step Four - Add seasoned sweet potatoes to air fryer basket and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove the basket halfway through cooking and shake then place back into the air fryer to continue cooking.
Step Five - Cook until fries are cooked throughout and crispy. The size of your fries can cause the cooking time to vary.
- Tip: Thicker sliced fries will take a few more minutes than thinner ones. Thinner ones will get crispier faster.
Step Six - Remove cooked fries from the basket. Serve sprinkled with more salt and dipping sauce.
Should I presoak my Sweet Potato Fries?
So, I have tried both ways, and to be honest there is not much difference. I honestly do not think presoaking these fries are worth the extra time and effort it takes to do that.
There is not a noticeable difference in the crispiness of the fries when doing this. Honestly, I feel the air fryer makes these crispy enough without the extra soaking needed.
How many sweet potatoes are in 1 pound?
Sweet potatoes come in all shapes and sizes so it's hard to say but 2 large, sweet potatoes or abut 3 medium ones could equal a pound.
For this recipe I would buy 3 medium potatoes, they will be much easier to slice then the large ones.
Try some of my other Air Fryer Potato recipes:
Air Fryer Baked Potato - These Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside. The outer skin is perfectly salted making this one of the best Baked Potato recipes.
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes - These Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are perfectly seasoned and perfectly crispy. Made in half the time as oven roasted potatoes, these are a great side dish for your dinner!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries - These Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries are perfectly cooked in the air fryer for the best crispy fries. Flavored with garlic and Parmesan cheese these are the perfect side dish.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes (washed and scrubbed)
- 1 ½ tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Cut washed potatoes into ¼-inch-wide strips then place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Put your sweet potato fries in a large bowl and add in oil and toss to coat. Next add in all seasoning and toss to coat again.
- Add seasoned sweet potatoes to air fryer basket and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove the basket halfway through cooking and shake then place back into the air fryer to continue cooking.
- Cook until fries are cooked throughout and crispy. The size of your fries can cause the cooking time to vary.
- Remove cooked fries from the basket. Serve sprinkled with more salt and dipping sauce.