These Air Fryer Zucchini are a great side dish for dinner. Seasoned and air fried for the perfect savory and crispy vegetable that everyone will love!
The Air Fryer has become my favorite kitchen appliance. I love using it for making vegetables to go with dinner.
We love zucchini in our house, so these Air Fryer Zucchini are the perfect crispy veggies to go along with dinner.
Perfectly seasoned and lightly breaded with panko make these irresistible.
How to make Air Fryer Zucchini:
Prep: Preheat your air fryer before prepping the zucchini. Start by washing your zucchini and the slicing them in ⅛ inch slices.
You do not want the zucchini slices to be too thin or they will curl up in the air fryer.
Toss the zucchini slices in oil and then coat in the panko, parmesan and seasoning mixture.
Cook: Cook in the air fryer for 5 minutes, and then take the basket out and give the zucchini a toss.
Place the basket back in the air fryer and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Oil: I like using olive oil or coconut oil but whatever you have will work.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: you want grated like powder like like. The shredded would not work as well for this recipe.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: panki breadcrumbs give them the perfect crunch
- Seasoning: Garlic Powder, salt, and pepper.
Step One - Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Tip: To preheat your air fryer, just turn it on for 5 minutes before adding in the food.
Step Two - Wash and slice zucchini and place in a small mixing bowl.
Step Three - Add oil to zucchini slices and toss to coat.
Step Four - In a separate bowl mix grated parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Add to zucchini and toss to coat.
Step Five - Place zucchini in the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and shake basket then cook an additional 5 minutes.
Remove from air fryer, serve and enjoy!
Tips for great Air Fryer Zucchini:
Zucchini is an easy vegetable to air fry. It is somewhat bland so seasoning it just right really brings out the taste.
- Make sure to season properly - I love to use some garlic powder, salt and pepper to season my zucchini. You can use onion powder as well or even cayenne pepper to give it a little kick!
- Do not overcook the zucchini - Make sure you do not overcook the zucchini. Using a preheated air fryer will allow you to ensure it is cooked perfectly. The longer you cook the zucchini to "soggier" it will taste as it gets softer the longer it is cooked.
- Use a good mix of the Panko and Parmesan - This will give your zucchini a nice crunch with the crust of the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
Try some of my other favorite Air Fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries - These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries are perfectly seasoned and cooked perfectly in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Vegetables - These Air Fryer Vegetables are roasted perfectly and in half the time it takes to roast veggies in the oven.
Air Fryer Green Beans - These Air Fryer Green Beans a simple yet classic side dish that go great with poultry, beef or pork.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Air Fryer Zucchini
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and slice zucchini and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add oil to zucchini slices and toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl mix grated parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add to zucchini and toss to coat.
- Place zucchini in the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes. Remove and shake basket then cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove from air fryer, serve and enjoy!